Sunday, July 14, 2019

Super Hero

Photo 470/1001

0470

I liked the insect trails on the branches David just cut down from the Ancient Mulberry tree in our front yard.

I kind of want to keep them, but have zero idea what I would actually DO with them. Maybe I can use them to make a border around my rosebush? When the wall-neighbor re-did his fence (that separates our yard from his yard), we’ve been getting a lot of his clay dirt when it rains and it’s all puddling around my rosebush. Which means, when I try to water my rosebush, the water runs off the clay and it has a very hard time actually penetrating the ground. So maybe I could use the logs as a backstop, so at least SOME of the water makes it down into the bush’s roots. Honestly, I’m tempted to plug up some of the small holes in the fence line to try to keep that damn clay out of my yard.

I’m currently rocking hour 22 into a mid-level headache. This storm that is brewing better be fucking amazing and it sure as shit better not blue-ball me.

So yeah, between the headache and the damn brain weasels being SUPER SHITTY today, I am not going to ritual/class tonight with the Coven. I just couldn’t even muster up the desire to drive over there, let alone participate. So of course, the brain weasels are REALLY latching on that and being extra ugly right now. Seriously, just want to curl up in a ball in my bed and cry. Yeah, that ain’t good energy to bring into ritual.

I came across an article about the perfect resume according to Harvard University. You KNOW I read that, along with another article linked to it called “6 things I loved about the most impressive resume I’ve ever seen – based on my 20 years of hiring and interviewing”. Because, with titles like that and given that I’m currently completely redoing my resume, those were just too good to pass up.

My plan is to work on my resume this week and begin applying for jobs by Friday. I’ve been dragging my feet on this for too long (and have been VASTLY avoiding it for whatever reason), and that stops now. Yeah, I may feel like a fraud. I may feel like I have no business applying for these jobs. But damn it, I did a Master’s degree while working AND battling some of the roughest patches of my depression in AGES. And I did it with a 3.666 final cumulative GPA and without having to be committed or having a major psychotic break. That ain’t fraud, that’s super hero level shit. And I need to OWN that and focus on THAT.

No comments:

Post a Comment