Thursday, July 18, 2019

First Step

written:  July 17

Photo 473/1001

0473

This is what the god and goddess artwork that I showed a teaser of last week was ultimately used for – a god and goddess candle. Sucks that a shitty head space and a headache kept me from the Coven ritual in which these would have been used. Oh well, I’m going to incorporate them into my own personal practice, so no loss there. These are the candles I was talking about yesterday.

So I got a wild hair up my ass today. I took Josey-pup on a walk AND used the elliptical. I read a cool little article “How Running a Little Bit Every Day for 2 Months Changed My Life”. And then there’s been a smattering of other “little steps are better than zero steps” memes on Facebook. So I’m taking all of that as a sign to get my ass MOVING. So I’m setting my goal to walk Josey every single day (even if it is a short walk due to weather) AND to do at least 10 minutes (minimum) every day on the elliptical from now until my birthday in November. I’ve told David about my goal, to help make me a bit more accountable to sticking to my guns.

This will also force me to be better about taking care of myself as well. It’s been way too easy to put off taking a shower or cleaning my face (even though I have this fabulous rose-infused witch hazel) or brushing my teeth. So by taking Josey-pup for a walk, I am guaranteeing that I’m going to be hot and sweaty at the end of it. So I might as well do the 10 minutes (minimum) on the elliptical, because I’m already hot and sweaty. And then because I’m all hot and sweaty at this point, I HAVE to take a shower. And while I’m in the shower, trying to cool down, I can go ahead and wash my face (because it’s all hot and sweaty).

No comments:

Post a Comment