Thursday, July 12, 2018

Tower of Babel

written: July 10

Photo 101/1001

0101

I know. Today’s supposed to be my selfie day, but Josey just looked too damn adorable, curled up in my recliner, during my lunch break today. Eh, I’ll get my monthly selfie done sooner or later. ::chuckles::

MAN, this morning was INSANE at work. I walk in, 15 minutes early, haven’t even opened my Frappuccino and I’m getting bombarded by a thousand questions at a mile a minute from about 20 Techs. I ain’t even clocked in YET and they are all up in my “territory”, all chattering at once. I set my stuff down, go clock in, and come back to attempt to sort out why the fuck they are here. ::laughs:: Turns out they’ve come for my laptops. East and Central Zone pick theirs up and leave within an hour.

But then West Zone shows up. Oh my lord. I have never experienced a more nasty, negative, RUDE group of people. Wendy, bless her heart, was trying to direct them, and man they challenged her every step of the way. I ended up retreating to the back with Roni and telling her about it. And then Sandy joined us and heard about it. And then Wendy came to the back to get Sandy to come back her up on this stuff.

Well apparently people LISTEN to me and take my words to heart, because when I came back from lunch, the West Zone Leader had apparently read his group the riot act on what IS and IS NOT acceptable behavior. He then came and personally apologized to me for how rude his group was. I thanked him but said they weren’t directly rude to me, but they were grossly disrespectful, in my opinion, to Wendy. He thanked me for letting him know and told me if his people even looked at me sideways, to please let him know immediately. ::chuckles::

After that, work was a BREEZE. ::chuckles:: Everyone was working hard. Well, except Tommy. His wrist hurts. And because he’s a creepy lil shit, every time he moved a box, after he set it down, he had to make eye contact with me, wince, and rub his wrist. We did about 400 laptops, and he did this EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. Man, I couldn’t wait for 4:30 to roll around so I could get the hell up out of there.

No comments:

Post a Comment