Sunday, July 29, 2018

Journal Swap

written: July 24

Photo 115/1001

0115

Sharmila’s journal arrived from the Kingdom of Bahrain! Yay! Let the journal swap begin!
Well, it doesn’t officially begin until my journal arrives with her, but that should take a while yet.
But I’m working in hers already and I’m loving it. I might have to pick up this type of journal for myself.

I really did not want to go back up to work, knowing I had this awesome journal waiting for me at home. It arrived while I was home on my lunch break, so I didn’t even have time to thumb through it. thankfully, the last half of the work day flew by and I was able to scramble home and read through what she had written thus far, and write my first entry in her journal. THIS is what I love about journal swaps. They are the best creative kick in the pants for me. I usually get a bit bored writing the same way day in and day out. But then I do a journal swap with someone else – I get to see their method of journaling, their way of viewing things, their creative spirit – and it just rekindles my own creative spirit again. So, while Sharmila wrote this BEAUTIFUL page about how I seem to have a knack for knowing when someone is struggling and reaching out in the best way at the best time…really it’s far more selfish than that. I was/am struggling right now and I know that journal writing helps me with that. And I know that doing a journal swap is even MORE helpful for me. In the journal I sent out to her, I’ve swapped with three other people. And since she hadn’t worked in this journal yet, I immediately thought of her. ::smiles:: I’m just happy that it’s working out for her as well as for me. Now I just need my journal to reach her and we can really get this party started! ::laughs::

No comments:

Post a Comment