Sunday, July 22, 2018

Making an Impact

written: July 19

Photo 110/1001

0110

The craziest things are printed on my pets’ food containers. Apparently Josey’s food is Kosher. Who knew?

Another Thursday, another new technology deployment for teachers. My after school program boss came through today. I must admit, it was a bit nice to see the shock on her face to see me, doing a fun job, and being on really good terms with all the various techs there. I know I’m being petty, but it still felt so damn good. Honestly, I’m just really burnt out on the after school program and the way it’s currently being run.

But a nice thing also happened – a parent of one of my former students, Caleigh S. (who’s one of the top 10 all-time favorite students of mine) came through and immediately recognized me. She snapped a quick photo to send to Caleigh who’s going to be a SENIOR this year. Wow! Then when Mrs. S. was done setting up her new Macbook and iPad, she came back around to called Caleigh to let me talk to her on the phone. Let me just state here….for the record….I fucking loathe talking on the phone. Hate, hate, HATE it. But I grinned and just went with it and hopefully it wasn’t too god-awful on Caleigh’s end. ::chuckles:: But it is a nice reminder that the work I do at the after school program does make an impact.

No comments:

Post a Comment