Sunday, July 8, 2018

Lavender

written: July 6

Photo 97/1001

0097

Dried lavender sent to me by Nola (a member of the Pagan pen pal group). She kindly offered to the group that her lavender plant was ready to harvest and that she would be happy to mail some out to the first 10 people who requested it. I was person #10 on the list! Woohoo! I definitely want to make some dream pillows and maybe a bath salt with the massive bundle of lavender she sent me. And now, I really, really, REALLY want to grow my own! ::chuckles:: Maybe I can get my butt in gear and try it out this summer. Or at least, next year for sure!

My lily plants are dying back, as they should. I would love to get a raised planter bed built in the backyard, specifically for them and the daffodils, but that’s a project that will just have to wait until the worst of the heat is gone. So maybe in October? Or November? Oooh, I might be able to talk the Husband into doing it for me for my birthday. ::grins::

Leviathan shed today. And again, I was so busy, I didn’t even notice she had gone blue. At least it was a complete shed. I need to do some work on her tank. It’s so large (like double the size of her original tank), that her décor is completely dwarfed. And I think the reason she stays mostly curled up in her hide is because she feels too exposed in the rest of the tank and thus doesn’t feel safe. So I need to get some more stuff in there to give her a bit more security, so she’s able to better utilize the entire tank as she wishes.

As we were headed out for a late night ice cream run to Sonic, we found a little puppers in the alleyway. She came right up to me and let me pick her up no problem. Her name is Sweetness and I started calling the numbers of her ID tag. Seriously, people should also put their damn address on the tags, but hey, that’s just my personal opinion. So we’re just hanging out with this sweet lil puppers until her owner comes to get her. They live directly behind us, across the alleyway (though, NOT the assholes that constantly mow down the daylilies). It was nice to reunite the pupper with her owners and then go on to get our Sonic Blasts (peanut butter cups for David, and M&Ms for me).

No comments:

Post a Comment