Thursday, July 5, 2018

Polar Bear Dog

written: July 3

Photo 94/1001

0094

Here we have an exhausted pit bull. Very rare. ::chuckles:: We played “red dot” (the red laser pointer) game out in the yard for a while. She should sleep for at LEAST 20 minutes. ::laughs::

And we swear she’s getting more and more black freckles. Like her front legs are significantly more black that we remember. We joke that soon we’ll have a black dog with white spots, or that she’s turning into a polar bear (polar bears have black skin).

Work today was SO MUCH BETTER. Still working on the Dell laptops (I think they said there are 3,000 total that we need to get done), but this time around, I had an entire crew to help me out. So Tech Mike (who looks so much like my dad, it’s almost creepy) was in charge of opening up the pallets, opening the boxes up (the people packaging these laptops LOVE tape), and bringing the boxes to me. I just scan them into the system, assign them a Tag number, and then pass them on to a crew of four. That crew then puts the tags ON the actual laptops and then passes them to a crew of six to eight who set them all set up and ready to go to the campuses.

Still a repetitively physical job, but WORLDS better than yesterday. And then after lunch, I had to man the back while Sandy (boss-lady) and Roni (assistant-boss-lady) received a huge shipment – we’re talking 25 pallets of electronics. It was nice to just chill in the back. I spent more time SITTING DOWN (amazing!), and could properly stretch my back out. I barely hurt by the time I got home.

AND, we don’t work tomorrow (4th of July), or Thursday…and we still don’t work Fridays….so I have a FIVE DAY WEEKEND! Woohoo! I ain’t gonna do shit! ::laughs:: David only gets the 4th off, so I’m sure we’ll lounge around and be bums that day.

I do need to clean Leviathan’s tank and get some new photos of her. I need to get cracking on her upcoming Hatchday cards – she turns 12 in September. ::smiles:: I’ve posted on FB asking for people to comment on that post if they are interested in receiving this year’s Hatchday card. The same goes for here – just leave a comment saying so. ::smiles::

No comments:

Post a Comment