Friday, February 3, 2017

Thankful Thursday 05

written: Feb 2nd

Today’s photo is of the 2017 LetterMo Participation “stickers”. I’m poor, so they are just printed on copier paper and I cut them out and glue them onto the letters and postcards I’m sending out.

alt text

I DID order some LetterMo postage stamps, but didn’t realize they had my old address on file. So yeah, I’m STILL waiting for the replacement postage stamps to arrive. ::sighs:: The best laid plans of men…. I swear.

I am thankful…
1. For the absolutely BEAUTIFUL weather we’ve had the past few days. Bright and sunny and in the mid-70s was very, very nice. Today, we barely made it into the 50s and it was gray and overcast. Not that I hate this weather…it’s just different.
2. A truly awesome dream last night – I had an old cell phone (one of those flip phones), and had finally been able to charge it (I was in a post-apocalypse world, so electricity was scarce). And I had a voicemail on it…my maternal grandfather (who, for all intents and purposes, was my father figure) had left me a voicemail, singing me happy birthday and telling me how proud he was of me. Pop had passed away my first semester of my undergrad college, so this dream was so precious to me.
3. Got some great photos of Leviathan yesterday. They are the first photos I’ve taken of her in a more naturalistic setting and I love how they turned out. I definitely plan on doing more photos like that once the weather is warm again.
4. The Boss, Gail, has really turned her shit around. We are cordial and kind and respectful to each other. I’m almost sad to see her go at the end of the semester! ::chuckles::
5. Setting up a new bastard BuJo (Bullet Journal) for the new month. I had a handful of sheets left at the back of the previous BaBuJo, but wanted to start the month off in its own journal instead of splitting the month between two journals.
6. That Hearth Wisdom store (a near-by-ISH Pagan store) is offering a Magickal Bullet Journal meet up later this month and a Book of Shadows meet up in March. I am actually kind of excited to go to both of those. And I’m thinking that I’m not going to let myself back out of either of them. I need to make a concentrated effort to attend classes like these that interest me.
7. That Josey had an AMAZING walk yesterday. Like the best EVER. We even did a longer walk than usual because she was doing so good.
8. That David came home early today. Such a nice surprise, because normally he works an hour or so late each night.
9. The “On This Day” app on Facebook. It’s kind of cool to look at the various things I’ve posted on that particular day throughout the years I’ve been on Facebook.
10. My Mockingbird buddy is back. Thus far, it’s a very polite mockingbird. I hope it stays that way and we aren’t having to wear a helmet when we step out our front door.

No comments:

Post a Comment