Saturday, February 18, 2017

Paints & Challenges

Photo for today, Feb 18th:

alt text

Watercoloring painting Linda (MysticKitty) did for us of our lil asshole dog, Josey. I’ve known Linda for a while through the Witches’ Journal group, but never realized she was LOCAL until last year. ::laughs:: Now I’ve finally met her in person and just adore her. I hope I wasn’t too terribly socially awkward and scared her off. I wouldn’t mind doing lunch with her once or twice a month just to be able to discuss Witchcraft and Paganism with someone in person. Since Hazel Nut fell off the grid, I don’t have that any more. And it’s interesting how much I miss that now.

So I stumbled across yet another Grimoire challenge. ::chuckles:: I know, I know. Don’t I have enough on my plate already?

Let’s see, I still haven’t finished the 2016 Grimoire Challenge…and the person creating that stopped halfway through the year. And I have the 2017 YouTube Pagan Challenge – that I’m blogging because I don’t do video. So yeah, now I’m adding ANOTHER thing on top of all of that, plus work, and grad school work. ::laughs:: I swear I am a glutton for self-punishment it would seem! Oh, and I’m still slowly making my way through “The Modern Witchcraft Grimoire” as well. I’m forcing myself to read all of it and NOT skip over parts that I arrogantly believe do not apply to me. Even in those sections that don’t particularly speak to my Path, I find little nuggets of wisdom…a turn of a phrase that I hadn’t thought of before that perfectly sums up something I believed, but didn’t really THINK about the belief behind it, or driving it. So yeah, even though I would rather skip the parts about love spells, I still read it because of the random, seemingly simple but profoundly deep wisdom the author has sprinkled liberally throughout the book.

I finished up my work in Annette’s journal and mailed it out on Thursday evening. I’ve done a single page in my own journal now that it’s been returned to me. But I hope to do more than that. I hope to do more work in my journals, along with my grimoires. But that would also require me to seriously cut back on my internet dallying. ::laughs::

No comments:

Post a Comment