Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Next Round of Insanity

 written: Feb 6th

Photo of the day:

alt text

My beautiful, double terminated (meaning it’s pointed at both ends) black obsidian wand. Ordered this from Sage Goddess (I know, SUCH a surprise there!) and I just love it.

I also received TWO postcards from the LetterMo Challenge. I have already written response letters to them both. Seriously, I LOVE getting snail mail!

I finally got around to order the Mason Jars we need for our Galaxy Jars project that we will be doing at the after school program. I ordered enough jars that each of my 67 students can make one…plus the aides as well. ::laughs:: Which, the aides pitched in some money to help cover the costs, as I am unable to use the program’s budget money on this project. Oh well, I’ve used the budget money on other things, so it’s not like that money will go to waste. And besides, if the jars turn out HALF as awesome as the tutorial? That’s a friggin’ in in my book! Next up, I’ll need to get the Modge Podge, food coloring, and the flameless tea lights we’ll give the kids to put IN the jars. Not giving those crazy students of mine actual fire, no thank you! ::laughs:: But seriously, I do hope this project turns out to be worth the massive about of extra labor involved. I have to take the jars home after the students paint them and bake the jars in my oven to set the colors. We’re doing these in small batches, so I’m not trying to lug 71 GLASS jars to and from work and making sure each kids gets the jar that they painted and not mixing anything up. ::laughs:: Wish me luck in this new round of insanity.

But if we manage to pull this off? I am going to brag about it until the end of time! ::laughs::

No comments:

Post a Comment