Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Imbolc

written: Feb 7th

So I did finally get around to doing my Imbolc ritual….on Feb 6th. Just a couple of days late. ::shifty eyes:: Eh, better late than never.

I dunno. Imbolc is one of those weird Sabbats. I got an amazing flash of inspiration on how to set up the candles, as Imbolc is also called Candlemas and it is traditional to have a lot of candles. And who the hell doesn’t like a nice ritual with tons of candles?

So I set up the altar DAYS in advance….and then Imbolc rolls around and I’m all like “meh”. I kept waiting for that feeling to go away, but it just kept getting stronger and stronger. I did not like how the center piece to my altar turned out with the different colored candles. And the candles were a bit bigger than I had envisioned in my mind. And just a whole lot of “meh”.

Well, February 6th, I decided it was shit or get off the pot time. I’d been feeling the Ritual Itch….a name I picked up from a Hoodoo blog post I read a few months back and just loved the description. It’s a restlessness inside that you know you NEED to do something but you don’t know what….and is generally alleviated by ritual/ceremonial/magickal work. So I decided fuck it. Just do the damn ritual and be done with it. Then I can start planning for the upcoming Full Moon and later on Ostara.

And damn, this turned out to be one hell of a ritual. But because I hadn’t really PLANNED it, once I Cast the Circle I realized I needed my notebook with the Imbolc Tarot Reading notes (it was downstairs) AND I needed by actual Tarot Cards (other side of the room), but after that it all really came together.

Lots of snake energy in this ritual. I need to write down the notes from this ritual.

And that center piece that I didn’t like because of the candles? Turned out very pretty once it was lit. ::shakes her head:: I think I got a touch of perfectionist on this one before I even did the ritual and that’s what was holding me back.

So I ended up blessing my Book of Shadows, my Working Grimoire, Annette’s journal, and my Bastardize Bullet Journal (lovingly referred to as my BaBuJo). And I blessed this snake hair pin carved of buffalo bone I snagged from TalismanaDesigns. I’m using it as a wand and man, it is LIGHT in my hand. I get very swishy with it. ::laughs::

And holy crap, the Brighid’s Flame candle from MoonGoddessMagick is AMAZING! So much aroma for such a little candle. Like DAMN! It smells like honeysuckle to me and I LOVE it.

Oh, and I rededicated myself to my Path as well. ::chuckles:: I was smart enough to do a video recording of that part of the ritual so I can write that down, word-for-word in my Grimoire. That, and I definitely want to know what exactly I spoke aloud to Sekhmet. It’s not wise to “forget” one’s promises to Her. ::grins and winks::

So photos!

Altar:

alt text

The center piece I was iffy on:

alt text

Showing off the serpent side of the altar:

alt text

My post-ritual selfie:

alt text

Actually feeling pretty damn good afterwards:

alt text

No comments:

Post a Comment