Thursday, July 28, 2016

Strength



written: July 26th
 
I had a realization while using the elliptical today – it truly is the perfect Zen time for me.  Once I get past the seven minutes of hell mark, everything just falls away and that is when I hit true clarity of mind.  Just love it.  Anyways, I realized that I always hold myself back – in all things – but especially in physical things.  Namely sports and sports-like things.  Which is stupid as I am really “country strong” – naturally strong – not that I pump iron or anything.  But I realized this when I was originally planning to only use the elliptical for 15 minutes because I didn’t want to risk hurting my knee.  And I hit the 15 minute mark and my knee felt fine – well, it’s normal level of odd feeling – but certainly not “bad”.  So I decided to keep going to the 17 minute mark.  And I felt the same at the 17 minute mark.  And the 19 minute mark, I decided to push the pace for the last minute – and I felt great at the end of it.  I probably could have kept going, but decided this was a good start.  But I realized that I am a lot stronger than I give myself credit for, and I am not sure WHY I fear my personal power so much.

But maybe this is why I am really feeling the pull to do Krav Maga this fall – to help break down that self-limiting thought process and to really see what I am made of.

Watch out world, I just might be taking you by storm very, very soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment