Thursday, July 28, 2016

Lifting of the Depression



written: July 25th
 
If there is one good thing about a week long bout of smothering depression, it’s the burst of energy one gets when the depression finally lifts.  Saturday, I re-arranged my room twice!  ::laughs::  But I have finally figured out where I want everything.  All that is left to do is move my computer desk to its final (hopefully!) place and remove the mirror end table that I am finally get rid of.  My altar is the only thing I did not move this Saturday.  But I think I have finally got the pieces where I want them.  And it is amazing how much better I feel about my room as a whole now that I have set the room up the way I want it.  The entire atmosphere of the room has changed.  I am quite pleased.  Once I get the computer desk set up and any needed tweaks to the room done, I can finally start hanging up artwork and/or photography on my bare walls.  Then it should finally begin feeling like a proper den.

Once I get my desktop computer set up, I can finally get the photos off my good camera from my trip to the zoo ages and ages ago.  I know I got some really good ones of the friendly Bushmaster snake – I just adore that serpent.  I also need to finish uploading all the photos I have of Holly.  I want to make a photo-book of all her photos for David (and possibly David’s mother).  And then I can start on one for Josey.  Plus I need to begin working on Leviathan’s hatch-day card as well.  Hard to believe my little serpent girl is turning TEN this September!  Insane!

I want to do something big for her 10th hatch-day.  Maybe a new climbing branch or something.  And now that we have a yard and no pesky management to throw hissy fits about me having her, maybe I can finally get some good photos of her outside.  I just need to get back into my photography.  And I certainly need to be more interactive with Leviathan as well.  I have gotten very lax on that this year.  But if I’m going to be bringing her up more often to visit my students, I need to get her accustomed to being handled once again.  I’m not worried about her biting or anything like that.  She just gets extra flail-y and it takes her longer to settle down when she is being handled. 

AND while I’m at it, I need to start figuring out what to do for David’s birthday.  It’s a week after Leviathan’s (same day as Ray’s).  I would like to do something nice for him.  We’ll probably go out somewhere to eat – hopefully Red Lobster (if I have my choice).  I’m just not sure what to get him gift wise.  Luckily for me, he doesn’t mind not being surprised.  He’d rather know what he’s getting and know that it’s something he really wants/needs, than to be surprised by something not useful or wanted.  ::laughs::  So I will just ask him what he needs/wants at that time.  A nice, easy fix.

No comments:

Post a Comment