Thursday, July 14, 2016

Lather, Rinse, and Repeat

written July 12th



Nothing quite like finishing up 3,000 or so iPads…only to be told it was not done quite right.  ::sighs::  Apparently most do not have the most recent security update.  So now we get to back through (again) each one and individually AND manually update them (yet AGAIN).  I swear it feels like we are trying to move a mountain of sand by taking shovelfuls from the bottom.  The more we shovel out, the more sand rushes in to fill in the “progress”.  Oh well – this crap guarantees they will not be cutting my hours at all AND that I will have a job all the way until the after school program’s orientation week begins (the week before the school years starts up anew).  

And, speaking of the orientation week, I have agreed to present a talk on documentation, seeing as how good I am at it.  ::flails::  The bosses have hounded me for a few months now about giving the presentation over properly using our Injury, Behavior, and Incident reports and for documenting staff issues.

I am not sure WHY I have agreed.  I really do not like talking in front of large groups of people, especially my “peers”.  BUT…it is four hours of planning time at $20 an hour, so how could I pass up on that?  AND because I will be giving a presentation, I will not have to attend any of the other classes.  Woohoo!  Now I just have to figure out how to explain good documentation that will fill up forty-five minutes.

I just need to begin preparing for it now.  It should help cut down on the anxiety levels that I am sure will spike the closer I get to presenting.  I am curious to see how high my heart rate will ramp up to while I am giving my presentation.  I plan to check my FitBit and see. 

Hey, at least I am attempting some humor for my situation!  ::laughs::  Better humor than panicking already. 

No comments:

Post a Comment