Monday, July 25, 2016

Coyote and Community

written July 22nd



My custom painted “galaxy” coyote skull finally arrived yesterday!  And it’s stunning.  For serious.
I still really wish I could have gotten her to paint a wolf skull for me, but apparently New York has a ban on all wolf parts.  She said she would get an XXL coyote skull, but it’s still smaller than I wanted.  But then again, I don’t have a huge altar, so it actually fits the altar perfectly at the size that it is.  So I guess this works out better.  Maybe later on down the road, I could get a replica wolf skull, and she could possibly paint that, if I’m still wanting a galaxy wolf skull.

But this one….is just gorgeous.  Well worth the 5 week wait.  And I’m thinking of doing a bit of decorating myself on it.  I would like to add a leather strap that would allow it to hang on the wall.  And I am contemplating adding some beaded dangle drops from the eye sockets.  I blame this 100% on the Netflix series Marco Polo and all the GORGEOUS beaded headdresses the Mongols wore with these beautiful beaded dangle drops that fell between their ears and their faces.  Just lovely.  I may have to re-watch the series just for all the beautiful costumes.

I really wish I had a justifiable reason for having and wearing costumes like that in Marco Polo.  I would have a wide array of their costumes, from the leathers and furs up to the beaded silk robes and dresses.  The leathers and furs would have to wait until the cooler weather because that stuff is NOT fun to wear in the Texas heat.  ::laughs::  So civilized, fancy robes and beaded crowns for spring and summer and leathers and furs for autumn and winter.  ::chuckles::  That would make my little heart so incredibly happy.  Then again, I want to wear my hair in crazy braids, or dreads even.  And wear furs and feathers.  To drum and sing and have huge ceremonies with the entire tribe.  The bon fires and dances, the drumming and feasts.  I would love to experience that level of community. 

I guess that is what David and I long for when we talk about if we were to ever win the lottery.  He suggested buying a gated community and giving houses to our friends.  We’d all live in the same community and it would be properly prepped should all hell break loose in the world.  It would be our safe haven.  It’s the same idea behind my journaling group’s dreams of purchasing a vast monastery for us all to live in.  We would each have our own home with a small amount of acreage, but there would be a communal dining area, library, conference area, etc.  We would have our own introverted territory, but could come together to eat or just to socialize when we so desire.  And we could rent parts of it out to the public to help fund our haven and keep it running.

No comments:

Post a Comment