Monday, July 25, 2016

40 Questions Round 2

written: July 23rd



Continuing on with the “40 Questions Witchy Tag” from YouTube.

Question #6 – Do you practice divination?  What kinds?  I dabble with Tarot and Oracle cards.  Runes have always been and continue to be a constant mystery to me.  I’m fairly good at scrying, but I definitely should practice more.  I would love to learn tea leaf reading and how to cast bones.

Question #7 – Do you or would you teach witchcraft to your children?  If I was going to have children, I definitely would teach them witchcraft.  I would also raise them with Christianity, because so much of our culture here in America does revolve around Christianity.  You need to have at least a working understanding of Christianity to understand a lot of the subtext here in the United States.  But, I will not be having children, so this question is pretty moot for me.

Question #8 – Do you have a patron/matron deity?  I do have a matron goddess – Sekhmet.  I have walked beside her since 1996.  And while I’ll work with other deities, other spirits, other beings, I highly doubt I will take a different matron goddess as long as I live.  Sekhmet is a hell of a task master, and is not a fluffy, cuddly type, but it works well for me.  I like the blunt lioness way.  She is warm and protective when I need it, but she doesn’t pull her punches when I need it (or earn it) either.  As for a patron, I’ve covered this a hundred thousand times.  ::laughs::  My husband is all the male I need in my life on a regular basis.  The gods flit in and out of my life as need arises.  None stay overly long.

Question #9 – Favorite pantheon?  I am most familiar with the Greek and Roman pantheons as those are the ones that my maternal grandmother was fascinated with.  Apparently she even authored a number of papers on these pantheons during college.  So I am most familiar with them.  The Egyptian pantheon is the next one I am most familiar with.  So I guess that would count as “favorite”?

Question #10 – Favorite goddess?  I’m assuming that my matron goddess would be disqualified from this question because that would be just way too easy.  So, with that in mind, my favorite goddess would have to be Medusa then.  A powerful woman whose story was then warped by patriarchy.  The common myth is that Medusa, a virgin priestess of Athena, was raped in Athena’s temple.  Athena was angered by this desecration and cursed Medusa, that the mere sight of her would turn any mortal to stone.  Can we say victim-blaming?  From what work I’ve done with Medusa in ritual, instead it would seem that she asked to be given a way to protect herself from this ever happening again.  She’s still as beautiful as can be, and yes she does have snakes for hair.  But never again will she be a victim.  No man, mortal or otherwise, will ever lay an unwanted hand on her ever again.

No comments:

Post a Comment