Monday, July 25, 2016

Full Moon

written July 19th



Today is the Full Moon.  And I love the fact that I get to enjoy watching the Full Moon rise from the sanctity of my own backyard.  And given that I finally broke down and lodged a noise complaint against the neighbor’s dogs, I can actually enjoy it now.  I feel guilty as hell about it, but it’s been three months now and I was seriously loathing going outside because their pack of dogs would bark their damn heads off the ENTIRE TIME.  So yes, I do feel guilty, but I am really enjoying the fact that I can ENJOY my own home.

Anyways, back to the Full Moon.  I am a Moon Child at heart and few things fill me with as much soul joy as the moon…or at least, not many things that I can enjoy as often as the moon.  I would be happy to spend my days with the wolves at Wolf Park or working at the zoos…but unfortunately, that isn’t an option currently.  And I am not particular about what phase the moon is in, just that I can see it.  I love the Full Moon, obviously.  But my favorite, is the first tiniest sliver that can be seen right after the New Moon.  Maybe it’s because I know the moon is growing towards full once more?  Who knows.  But it never fails to make me smile.  And I always speak a word or two of greeting and praise whenever I see the moon.

This is the Full Buck Moon.

No comments:

Post a Comment