Sunday, October 23, 2016

Waning, Moon & Otherwise

written October 22nd

Inner Witch October Photo Challenge:
alt text

Day 22: Waning Moon
alt text

The weather is finally starting to cool off here. Down into the 70s! Woohoo! It’s finally starting to feel like AUTUMN! ::grins toothily::

Yesterday....was brutal. So brutal.

Extra long day. And because we had to be there so early, I wasn’t able to eat lunch. Fuck what the bosses say, next early release, my staff and I are totally ordering pizzas for ourselves. Of course, we’ll eat it in the office, not in front of the students. But fuck me, that’s a long ass work day to go with so very little food.

Oh yeah, and they aren’t giving us official breaks because there’s all this red-tape that would limit how we could do the breaks – claiming they don’t even HAVE to give us a break. Which I’m pretty sure is bullshit. I’m pretty sure Texas law says that if you work 4+ hours, you get a 15 minute break. And they said we could bring a “little snack” to enjoy when the students are having their snack....and that’s it. ::shakes her head:: Yeah, I’m thinking of contacting the TX Work Force Commission just to verify what they are “claiming”. I’m not seeking to get my workplace in trouble, but wanting to verify for myself that what they are saying is correct.

I was supposed to go to a scrying class tonight. And didn’t.
I was supposed to go to Wendy’s Halloween Party tonight. And didn’t.

I’m so not sorry about bailing on both of those. I needed the veg time at home. I needed to relax and catch up on my sleep. I needed to hang out with my dog and my husband. We needed to watch Independence Day: Resurgence. And it was everything I wanted and needed and hoped for.

We hit Michael’s craft store because I needed new brushes for the art journals. Yeah, I’m getting back into that hopefully. Annette mentioned she wanted to do another journal swap, so I’m hosting that as well. And while at Michael’s, I came across a GORGEOUS little sketchbook that will be perfect for an art journal. So yeah, snagged that and will hopefully begin working in that soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment