Sunday, October 2, 2016

NaJoWriMo

October first.
Thus begins another round of the National Journal Writing Month challenge.

Given that this semester of grad school seems to be even more labor intensive than the previous semester, I’m setting the goal of simply writing SOMETHING every day. If I hit the 500 word mark for the day, bonus! But I’m not setting it as an actual goal.

And, one of my Pagan/Witch groups on FaceBook also listed a “Inner Witch October Photo-challenge” that looks VERY appealing to me. So I’m giving that a go this month as well.
The list of Photo-challenges:

alt text

So today’s photo-challenge is “Sacred Altar”.

I elected to photograph all three altars I currently maintain and use.

First one is my main altar, the one I use the most, the one I use in ritual and spell work.

alt text

It’s a little messy from Mabon. I didn’t do anything for the Black Moon (2nd new moon in a month) that occurred on Sept 30th. I know, bad witch! ::laughs:: Oh well, I’ll be cleaning it off and setting it up for the Full Moon on Oct 16th. And then I’ll be gearing up for Samhain, at the end of the month.

Next up, is my altar for a very specific wolf spirit that guards my dreams. She has a name, but I am not comfortable sharing that information.

alt text
 
In the back is a beautiful wooden wolf carving my husband gave me upon my return from my trip up to visit Wolf Park and Wolf Creek Habitat. The wooden wolf is wearing a wolf claw necklace given to me by Brandy. It also has a string of snowflake obsidian, an offering the She Wolf specifically requested. In front of the wooden wolf is a picture of my husband and Old Lady Dog (rest in peace) from when they were much younger. And in front of that is a wolf family candle holder that my Mom had picked up years ago and that she then gave to me. This altar is a mix of sacred and mundane, as it’s also my side table to my bed.

Last up is a nature altar set for a very specific purpose. Very simple and primitive, but very potent all the same.

alt text

This is the crape myrtle that my husband planted in Old Lady Dog’s memory. This is also where I do my daily prayers to Artemis, to watch over and protect our canine companions, both living and deceased. So yes. It’s a plant with a stick of incense, but this is the sacred place that gets the MOST use.

I just wish Josey would quit pooping near it. ::laughs:: I have to really watch my step at times!

No comments:

Post a Comment