Sunday, October 23, 2016

Genealogy

Inner Witch October Photo Challenge:
alt text

Day 23: Witch’s Familiar
alt text

Honestly, I don’t think Josey truly is a “familiar” in the manner I understand them. But she loves watching me shuffle my Tarot decks, always has to check out my altar, and hates being separated from me when I’m doing ritual.

But does she ACTUALLY aide me in ritual/ceremony/magick? I don’t think so. But she’s the closest I have to fit the “Witch’s Familiar” topic.

I spent most of today working on and off two different projects for my two classes. I’m mostly done with the third round of Information Hunts & Evaluations project (28 moving parts for it) for INFO 5800. And I will work on the other Exercise for INFO 5300 tomorrow. I need to print it out the 12 pages for it so I can start working on it. I just work so much better with the papers in my hands. I like the tactile feel and being able to lay things out physically.

Hopefully, once I get the three projects that are due this week done and off my plate, I can turn my attention to putting together the family trees I’ve printed out for my maternal grandmother, maternal grandfather, and paternal grandmother.

The maternal grandfather tree is the one that will require the MOST work. It’s 36 pages (makes a 18 page wide x 2 pages long). I need to verify the information, to make sure ancestors didn’t get double added (has happened in the past). I want to verify all of it before Thanksgiving, because I want to have it to hang up for the family to see. I would like to share my findings with them. I’ve traced that family tree back to the 1450s.

Again, I’m a tactile person. I need to have it up on the wall, with all the connecting lines drawn so that I can actually visualize my family tree. And I need to make sure the information is correct.
And, speaking of my genealogy pursuits, Annie (a damn awesome friend) pointed out that, while I was grumping about not having anything BIG planned for Samhain…that THIS is a GRAND way of honoring my Ancestors. So I’ll hang those up for Samhain and just invite any and all that would like to come share space for a time. If nothing else, it must mean something to them just to be recalled. No telling when the last time someone said their names. So thank you, Annie, for pointing that out to me. I am grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment