Saturday, October 15, 2016

Blessed Full Moon

Just finished up a spur-of-the-moment Full Moon ritual, called an Esbat. Seems the bulk of my rituals are spur of the moment, no? Honestly, I thought the full moon was tomorrow. ::laughs:: Oh well.

Even with my husband bellowing up to me about sponge brushes half way through my ritual (I neglected to tell him what I was doing, so no fault on him), it turned out quite nice.

Altar (which is my Inner Witch October Photo-Challenge submission for “Full Moon”):
alt text

Starting at the left and moving towards the right of the altar....
Black-handled knife – my athame that I adore with all that I am. For serious.
Galaxy painted coyote skull.
Sekhmet painting.
Altar pentacle in front of the painting. On the pentacle are the wolf claw necklace from Brandy, my Zuni carved white mountain lion (she resides in a protection bundle I have from my Vision Quest), and the Little Sorceress crystal pendant from Luna Blue Boutique.
The white sphere in front of the altar pentacle is a selenite sphere I use as my representation of the Full Moon.
Four white tea lights.
Artemis incense.
Three special feathers.
And the Medicine Cards oracle deck.

I’ll write up the ritual itself in my Book of Mirrors. I just don’t feel like that I’m supposed to share the down and dirty aspects of my personal rituals/ceremonies at this time.

Me, post ritual, wearing the now blessed Little Sorceress pendant:
alt text

And I love how the tealights are burning in crescent moon shapes:
alt text

I like to let the incense and candles burn out completely. So I put the tea lights in a terracotta dish (bottom of a flower pot), to protect my altar cloth and altar from the heat while they burn down.

All in all, a very nice ritual. I’ve already got plans for November’s full moon percolating in my head. Hopefully THAT full moon Esbat won’t be quite so spur of the moment. ::grins and winks::

No comments:

Post a Comment