Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Push Back

written: October 4th, 2016

Inner Witch October Photo-Challenge
alt text

Day 4 : Witchy Tarot Deck
alt text

Starting at the top, moving clockwise:
1. The Pathfinders: The Animal Totem Deck, by assorted artists
2. The Gilded Tarot, by Ciro Marchetti
3. The Medicine Cards: The Discovery of Power Through the Ways of Animals, by Jamie Sams and David Carson
4. Messenger Oracle, by Ravynne Phelan

These are the four Tarot/Oracle decks that I currently have. But I have a wishlist of others going that once the funds free up, I’ll purchase for sure.

The work saga continues. My Upper Boss has pushed all the craziness back onto me. I’ve been basically instructed to train the Shitty Aide to the best of my abilities.

At first, I was royally pissed off. Like, Sekhmet-almost-destroyed-humanity level of pissed off. My two aides that have been with me since the beginning of the year, who are also having MAJOR issues with said Shitty Aide were royally pissed off as well…which only made me more angry. These two aides have proven themselves AMAZING aides, and thus I’ll defend them and my campus against all comers.

Except against Upper Boss. ::grumbles:: Not a whole lot I can do there. But I’ve requested an in-person meeting with her because we will be hashing some of this shit out. No worries, I’m no longer in the heads-must-roll level of anger. I’m mostly just bewildered.

So yeah, I wrote up a whole shit ton of Directives for Shitty Aide and I to go over and for him to initial beside each one, thus stating that I’ve made it clear what is expected of him.

Like respecting personal boundaries. Not touching other staff members. Not hovering, not staring at staff members. Not roaming the halls of the school during the school day and staring at the school staff. Not leaving children behind on the playground. Not standing inside the girls’ bathroom to “supervise”. Stop “duding” the parents/grandparents when they come in (seriously, he would say “Wassup dude” to EVERY parent). Learning the students’ names – stop calling them “dude” as well. And to make sure the topics/words are appropriate for elementary school aged children.

Yeah, I made him cry. After we finished our “discussion”, I told him to take a moment, clean himself up, and that he had 10 minutes to compose himself before I expected him back down at the cafeteria (our “home base” for the after school program).

So I’m looking at this as a challenge, instead of a curse. I am being taught to speak up and speak directly. So the challenge is now to speak up enough, bluntly enough to either whip him into shape, to write him up enough to get rid of him, or to wear him down until he quits.

Onwards.

No comments:

Post a Comment