Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Empowered

Inner Witch October Photo Challenge:
alt text

Day 26: Bell
alt text

Another traditional pagan ritual item that I do not have. The best I have is a small bell on my athame case. I would like to have a bell, but I’m super picky. And besides, I have a drum (plus another one other way), so why not use that? It certainly feels better at my core when I use the drum.

It has been a while since Sekhmet has directly spoken to me. I had forgotten the deep rumble of power that comes with her words. Words that cut to the core. Sekhmet is not a deity to mince words and each word carries true weight.

I have been doing my daily affirmations each day before I go to work. I inscribe a pentacle upon my forehead (where the 3rd eye is), and then clasping my hands in traditional prayer stance and bowing my head to state my affirmations for the day.

Well, not today. Today, I threw my hands up high, reaching up to the heavens. I tossed my head back and looked boldly into the sky and demanded my affirmations of myself. There was no meek “asking” for good things to happen. I was telling myself and Those Who Listen that good things WERE going to happen.

And holy fuck, did it feel AMAZING. I am demanding this of myself. I am not always meek. And while meek does have its uses and advantages, it is not my natural state of being, and that is just fine. I need to do more to embrace who I am and to empower myself.

And in one single, earth-shaking word, Sekhmet pronounced “Finally”.
::laughs:: Yes, finally!

See, I am not meant to bow my head in submission. Though, I elect to bow my head at times out of honor.

I am not meant to clasp my hands and HOPE that someone “bigger” than myself comes along to fix my life. I am responsible for this spin around the universe.

I am not meant to lower my gaze, demand less respect for myself, nor hold myself below others…unless they prove themselves superior in that realm. Even then? We are still humans and we are still equal.

So I’ve opted to take tomorrow off of work. I am so burnt completely out and I can barely even be civil at my job. I still have three chapters to read for my quiz tomorrow that I haven’t even been able to touch.

So yeah. I’m putting me first.
Because shit gets dangerous when I don’t. ::grins toothily::

No comments:

Post a Comment