Saturday, October 8, 2016

Classes & Pens

Inner Witch October Photo-Challenge:
alt text

Day 8 = Kitchen Witch
alt text

I am not a Kitchen Witch, so I had to get creative for this photo-prompt. Here is the “Coffin Cafe” in our “Spooky Town” set up that David maintains for the Halloween season.
That’s Henry the Dragon in the background.

I’ve spent the day reading and taking notes for my INFO 5300 class (Management of Information Agencies), that, despite having a lot of real-world, CURRENT application in my life…it’s still not the most exciting shit to read. I’ve read 1 chapter and took 8+ pages of notes. Still have TWO more chapters to read! Oye!

And that doesn’t include the fact that I have to read a case-study and do a chat with my professors on Monday for the INFO 5600 class (Information Access & Knowledge Inquiry). But it’s what I gotta do to hopefully continue maintaining the A’s I have in both classes.

And when I haven’t been doing that, I did manage to cook up a batch of Sausage Balls. I used turkey sausage this time around (we are trying to eat a bit healthier here)....and surprisingly, I prefer the pork sausage. ::shrugs:: But it isn’t bad, and we’ll still eat them, no problem! ::laughs::

AND I’ve been slowly cleaning out all my fountain pens. They all got packed up for the move (back in April). And with everything that’s been going on, I completely forgot about them. I rediscovered them while trying to find a camera charger (hoping to send it to a friend as soon as I can find the fucker) and all the ink had dried up in the pens. So good long soaks in some warm water and gently flushing them out, I’ve got three of the five completely cleaned and dried. Just waiting on one to dry, and the other I still have to finish cleaning out.

And just for my information:
My Fountain Pens:
- Nemosine Singularity Demonstrator in “magenta” with a Medium Nib (won’t be ordering a medium nib ever again…though I may try out some of the shimmering inks with this particular pen)
- Rosetta Napoleon Pocket Fountain Pen in “purple marble” with a Fine Nib (gift from Mary…seriously love this pen).
- TWO Pilot Metropolitan Fountain Pens, both in “python” with Fine Nibs (super awesome, beginner fountain pen here).
- Jinhao 6116 with a Fine Nib (gift from Mary)
- and a Hero 366 (maybe?) with a Fine Nib (another gift from Mary....she was trying damn hard to convert me over to fountain pens....the Napoleon did it).

Dave, one of the people I met through the National Letter Writing Month group, has requested in the journal swap he’s hosting, to use fountain pens. It’ll be a bit yet before his journal makes its way around to me, but I figured I should go ahead and dust off my fountain pens and get back into the practice of using ‘em.

No comments:

Post a Comment