Thursday, April 30, 2015

At The Wire



So this month was a National Journal Writing Month and the goal I initially set for myself was to write every day, at least 500 words, on the topic of my spirituality. 

I certainly started off valiantly enough.  And I would venture to say that MOST of my entries had some sort of spiritual bend to them.  And the days I did write, I always surpassed the 500 word mark.  So much that on the 26th, my overall word count for the month was 14.407 (the monthly end goal was 15,000).  At that point, I merely had to write around 150 words for the remaining days, and I would surpass that goal.

And what happened?  Yeah, all inspiration and even desire to write fled.  It fucking FLED to the hills, never to be seen again.  ::sighs::

I would open up one of my spiral notebooks (as almost every single one of my journal entries for this project was handwritten first, and then typed up), select a pen from the THOUSANDS I have (yes, I do have a pen addiction...and no, I have no intentions to ever doing anything about it).....and then I would just stare at that blank page and nothing would stir.

Granted, I've been uploading a lot of my photography to my Deviant Art account, so I guess I could go back and count up the meager words I used in those and they would count for something.  Yes, I think I'll do that right now.  So that adds another 272 words to my total count.  Whew!

So yeah, even with my slacking.
Even with my battling of The Plague for a week (still not back at 100% even now).
Even with life being crazy and my inspiration to write fleeing the scene at times.
I still made the mark.  I still reached my goal of 15,000 words for the month (though, certainly not my goal of at least 500 words a day). 
And I mostly stuck to the spiritual angle. 

But can I say....I am so thankful the next Monthly challenge isn't until July!  Woohoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment