Friday, April 17, 2015

Ex Thoughts

written: April 16th



It is kind of nice learning that one of your ok Exes kind of wants you back.  It is interesting to see myself as desirable and "the one that got away" for someone else.

Keith and I are friends on Facebook and have been friends for well over a decade at this point.  We dated oh-so-briefly years ago -- in which he dumped me with some lame ass excuse that he needed to learn how to be happy with himself before he could be happy with someone else.  Blah, blah, blah.  And then he turned around and got married a month later to his previous ex.  That I'm pretty sure he was cheating on me with.  So yeah, there was a whole LOT of animosity there for a long time.

He's since divorced that woman (she turned out to be one hell of a bitch).  He knocked up and then married the woman he's currently with.  And I think he's unhappy at the moment.

We've teased and flirted for ages.  Since we've mended fences (and since I'm married), on my end, it's always been harmless because I have no desire to act on any of our joking.  And for the most part, I believed he felt the same way.  We've always joked and teased and flirted our entire friendship.  And it's usually so over the top and dirty-dirty, that we don't really take any of it seriously.  It's a nice ego boost and fun to just be absurd in our flirting.

But today, there seemed to be an edge to it.  He started asking if I thought we would have lasted.  He inquired about if there were things I didn't like about him while we were dating.  And his compliments, while greatly appreciated, were far more honest than our typical banter.

I know having a child wasn't exactly something he wanted.  Though, he does seem to truly enjoy his son.  But I suspect he's feeling a bit trapped at the present.  And I know when I feel that way, I enjoy playing the "what if" game with various exes/crushes -- what if I had stayed with so-n-so....how would my life be different?  And I get the feeling Keith is doing the same thing currently.  So, I'm distancing myself from him right now.  I'm fine with the usual banter, but don't want to encourage the serious type.  I am anything but serious with my flirting.

Sure, my life isn't perfect.  At moments, I would love to turn tail and just flee from all the crap.  But for the most part, I do enjoy my life the way it is.  And I certainly wouldn't get rid of my husband.  We are just too perfectly made for each other.  And I'm very spoiled now, with all the personal liberties and freedoms he's given me.  I am very content with my Partner In Crime and it would certainly take a truly amazing guy to convince me to give David up.  And Keith is not that man.

All of this honesty makes me slightly uncomfortable.  He was asking how I honestly viewed him as a love and a boyfriend. 

Honestly?  He was one of the worst sexual partners I've ever had.  But I certainly don't want to say that to him.  Even I'm not THAT cruel.  But at the same time, I don't want to lie and give him false praises.  So most of the time, I just ignore/avoid answering those questions.

As for the boyfriend- material?  We dated for like 2 to 3 months and I'm pretty sure he was cheating on me the last few weeks.  So no.  I don't feel he was awesome boyfriend material. 

Even ignoring both of those major downsides, I just never saw us going the distance.  I'm far too liberal, free spirited, and stubborn as hell.  It truly takes a very unique guy to put up with all my shit -- and I'm pretty sure David is the ONLY one who can, and is willing, to do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment