Sunday, April 26, 2015

Shadows



I did not write yesterday.
I was a creature made of mostly snarls and snaps.
I don't know what it was about yesterday, but damn, did my mind ever turn vicious upon itself.  It's been a while since it's gone for the throat like that, snapping and snarling and hurling every vicious thing it could possibly conjure at me and then some.  You would have thought it was battling for its survival instead of threatening my own. ::shakes her head::

Today, I'm a bit calmer.  The mind has settled for just silent barring of the teeth, hinting at violence.

Mirrored in the weather outside my window.  I've heard a huge clap of thunder and the wind picks up from time to time.  But the true storm is waiting.  Watching.  Biding its time in shadow, waiting for the proper release.

I finally got around to cleaning out Leviathan's tank, top to bottom.  All the old mulch has been tossed away.  New, fresh, moist mulch has been laid down.  Her logs and water bowl have been cleaned and re-arranged.  I wish I could give her a large, more mentally stimulating enclosure.  But, this will have to do for now. 

She's gone blue.  Her typical ruby red eyes have the milky blue-white color that announce an impending shed.  They'll clear in a few days, and then she'll shed.  I should make note to mist her down in a few days to help the shedding process.  Ah, the life of a snakey mother.  ::chuckles::  I was hoping to take her up to my after school program to visit the students.  They've been asking about her, and I've told them she would visit once the weather warmed up.  Maybe the first or second week of May then.

The plague is lifting from me, though it certainly is not going down without one hell of a fight.

I am making it a point, on these days that my mind is being so sadistic, to put in the time to upload a few photos at a time to my Deviant Art account.  No matter how cruel and unrealistic my mind is, even it acknowledges my gift in the photography realm.  And I even have a nice little following there on Deviant Art, a core group of people that so enjoy my photography and are always clamoring for more.  Hell, even a few locals are asking to meet up with me at the Zoo or the Botanical Gardens.  They want me to show them how I see some of these animals.  Or at least, what it is that I see in these various animals, the Un-huggable sort (a nod there to one of my favorite books as a child....that I, amazingly so, still posses), and how I capture the beauty and grace they have...that so many people overlook.  Rather humbling to say the least, as I don't see myself as doing anything overly special.  It's not like I'm working with models, that I can say, Do this, or Do that, or Strike this Pose, or so on.  These are creatures I capture simply doing what it is that they do naturally.  It simply takes time, patience, an eye for detail, understanding, and a heap of good luck.  Hell, I haven't even posted the Gaboon Viper photos that made me positively giddy when I captured them!  ::laughs::  Perhaps, I know that a really dark day is upon the horizon and I'm saving those top notch shots for that day, to aid in lifting that depressing cloud when it comes to settle upon my shoulders.

2 comments:

  1. Aw Walks I am sorry you are having such a hard time...I hope things change for you soon..:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the joy of bipolar depression. I don't stay down very long. ;)

      Delete