Friday, April 17, 2015

Harpy Magic



Tonight is the Dark of the Moon -- the night prior to the New Moon. 
Tonight a lovely rain storm rolled through -- saturated with thunder and lightning.
Couldn't ask for a more potent night to call upon my Harpies for protection.

A friend of mine (whom I'll merely call The Painter) is having some issues with some crazy strangers and/or old property managers harassing her and just being disrespectful of her land...part of which is an ancient cemetery.  Now, by law, she has to give people access to the cemetery, but they are driving all over the graves and putting a storage shed out there as well.  I'm a bit hazy on the details, but even I know you don't do that shit to a cemetery.

I'm not worried about vengeful spirits haunting my home and sucking me into a closet ala Poltergeist.  But I was taught from a very young age, and my own magickal dabblings reiterate the point, that you are respectful to the dead.  I have no problem banishing Ancestors from my home, especially if they are being disrespectful themselves.  And I have been known to hang out in cemeteries (mostly because they are typically the best place for solitude and peace in the heart of a city).  But I wouldn't willfully disrespect, disturb, or deface someone's final resting place.  That's just rude.

The Harpies hinted around that they would be willing to take on that "project" as they called it, if The Painter welcomed the aid.  And, luckily for me, The Painter is a Pagan as well, so it wasn't nearly an awkward conversation as it could have been.  I can only imagine how that would have gone if she'd been a Christian!  ::laughs::  And to make matters even easier, she isn't locked into the whole White/Black magick thinking.  Most White Lighters would run in fear from the Harpies.  And certainly wouldn't be happy with the thought of having them hanging around on her property.

The Painter did talk to the spirits of the cemetery first, asking how they felt about the Harpies helping out, and they are open to the aid as well.  And so I asked for a map of the cemetery, mostly just for the boundary markers.  I want the Harpies to focus their protection/vengeance mostly around the cemetery.  And they've requested a prayer feather to be made and hung in the center of the cemetery.  It helps tie them to the area.

And after all of that was settled....I totally dropped the ball.  Life got crazy (as my life tends to do), and it all fell the wayside.

But tonight...was just perfect and I jumped right on it.  I cut out the map and laid it on a black plate.  I used a pipette to use a VERY dark red (blood colored) wine the Harpies like...and used the wine to trace the boundaries of the cemetery.  I almost wish I had taken a photo of it at this point, because the wine stayed exactly where the pipette put it, so it almost looked like it was all draw out in blood.  And I lit four candles, for the four Harpies and called them down to protect that land and those spirits from any who seek to be destructive or disrespectful.  I'm allowing the candles to burn themselves completely out.

I'll make the prayer feather later on tomorrow.  The Harpies haven't told me what color thread to use yet.  But once I get that done, I'll pack it up and mail it (plus some coffee grounds to be sprinkled around as offerings to the Harpies) to The Painter for her to put in the cemetery. 

Should prove to be interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment