Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Emancipation (Poem)

oops. wrote this back on March 23rd, but never got around to typing it up.

I have so much rage in my heart,
..that I swear it is near bursting

I am a Warrior
..and walk the Warrior Path
....yet have no War
...................no Battle
.......................in which to release it all

So I sit here
..rage simmering just behind
......................................my Lupine Eyes
.........waiting for the Call to Arms

Oh fear me, Sheep
..I am Celaeno in the flesh
..I am Sekhmet’s daughter
..I am The Pythia

I am Vengeance
..I am War
.....I am Sight beyond Sight
.........I am the Serpent
..................of Illumination
.................and Prophecy

More and more
..I shed this quiet
..............meek woman husk
..to reveal my True Self

I am made of Scales
..and Feathers
..Talons, Fur, and Fangs
....oh, oh, oh
..........I am Predator

Yet, I am kept in check
..Celaeno whispers in my ear
..................................we only punish those who have
.........................................................................Earned it
..Sekhmet strokes my fur
.........the destruction of mankind
.........................while thrilling at the time
....................................................solves nothing
..the Serpent coils around and reminds me
..........it is not my place to force Sight
........................................on anyone
.........................that would infringe upon Free Will

It is Free Will that I strive for
..a breaking of bonds
...........True Emancipation of the Soul
............................and that, my dears,
.......................................takes Time

No comments:

Post a Comment