Tuesday, April 21, 2015

War Path



Be warned.  This She Wolf is on the War Path today.

This is Day Two of the Plague.  Thankfully thus far, I haven't had it as bad as David did (as I call him, "The Infector" now), but this still has not been some lovely walk in the park, either.  And given a number of things conspired to occur right about now, I'm all sorts of out of whack and hackled up and super snarly.

I called in sick to Starbucks yesterday morning.  My throat was on fire, I was running a temperature, and I was exhausted, even though I had slept for a solid 8 hours up until that point.  Typically, I wake up 3 to 4 times a night, so sleeping the entire way through is very unusual for me.  I then slept for another five hours before getting up to take Holly for her walk.  And THEN I slept for another hour before going to the after school program.  So yes, it irked me quite a bit when my husband told me that when he stopped at Starbucks on the way home from work, my boss (now known forever more as Douche Bag Darrell), made it a point to pepper David with questions, basically trying to figure out just "how sick" I was.  And hinted around that good ole Douche Bag Darrell thought I was lying.  It's shit like that, that makes me really hate working with him.  I mean, really?  If you thought I was playing hookie, why not ask me DIRECTLY?!?!  Like a goddamn adult??  Instead, he's got to act like he's so sly, asking all these questions of my husband and trying to twist his words around.  ::shakes her head::  Yeah, like I said...Douche Bag Darrell.

Then, I come home from the after school program early because my throat is on fire again, to find a "Notice of Entry" from the apartment complex.  They are doing yet ANOTHER "annual inspection".  Really? 

Let's see, in the past six months we've had the following "annual inspections":
- annual apartment inspection
- foundation inspection
- fire alarm inspection
- water sprinkler inspection (which, seeing as how the fire marshal is supposed to do both the fire alarm AND sprinkler inspection, I don't understand why these were not done at the same time)
- roof inspection (still not 100% sure why they needed access to my apartment to do this)
- and a SECOND annual apartment inspection

So yeah, I'm a bit pissed that once again, I'm going to have strangers tramping through my apartment and the fact that there isn't a damn thing I can do about it.  It's just another reason I hate living here so badly.  I'm paying $1200 a month to be surrounded by ghetto trash that can't clean up after themselves, have NO sense of common courtesy, and to be "supervised" by a company that couldn't care less about the people who actually DO live here. 

So yeah, I called them to ask what fucking annual inspection this one was, and rattled off all the "annual" inspections we've already had in the past 6 months.  Apparently, THIS one is for the air filters.  So then I pushed on and asked how many days this was going to stretch out over, as they do this every time.  And that my ancient dog doesn't do so well being kennelled for multiple days, all day long.  The Head Boss Lady assures me that it will only take that one day.  But I'm sure as hell, am not holding my breath, as it's the same line I get EVERY time....and then it stretches out over three days typically.

And THEN to heap on top of all of that, the damn lawn maintenance guys were here.  I can't stand their damn leaf blowers....and this time, they were using them IN THE DAMN BREEZEWAYS.  Now, granted, yes I'm thankful they did clean out the breezeways from all the leaf and pollen (and nasty ass trash my oh-so-wonderful neighbors leave for us all to enjoy), but it amplifies the horrid noise the damn leaf blowers makes (seriously, it's like one of my most hated noises in the world)....and then stinks up the breezeways with all that damn exhaust. 

Seriously, if I was feeling better, they would really have to watch out.  As it is right now, I'm just too fatigued to go on a proper killing spree.

No comments:

Post a Comment