Friday, April 24, 2015

Fur VS Scales

Trust me, I know that I’m in the minority here for admiring snakes and serpents. I know that most people do not see these as cute or adorable or beautiful animals. I GET that.

But to post a fucking video of someone hacking off the head of a venomous snake on Facebook, and to FUCKING tag me in it? Are you shitting me?

Yes, I understand that it was a Coral Snake.
Yes, I understand that these guys have some seriously nasty venom.
Yes, I understand that the people there were setting up for a HUGE music venue.

But for fuck’s sake....these snakes are very shy. Have VERY small mouths. And it could have been easily removed to a safe area away from the crowds. It certainly wouldn’t have come back. The sound and vibrations for a huge outdoor music concern would certainly drive all manner of wildlife (excluding humans) far, far away.

It should be well within my right to post a fucking video of someone doing the same to a damn kitten, or a dog, or some other fluffy mammal that SHE finds adorable.

But oh no. YouTube and FaceBook deem those “inhumane”.
But not cutting off a snake’s head and watching it thrash about, with wonderful heavy metal playing in the background, claiming it’s “dancing with the music”. Yeah, if someone did the same thing but used a kitten instead, the hell that person who posted the snake video would raise!

Fur or scales, it’s all the same in my book.

::End Rant::

So yeah, an old high school buddy posted a video of some Roadies cutting off the head of coral snake at some music festival, and fucking tagged me to the video. Making sure it would show up on my Facebook page.

She knows of my adoration for reptiles…hell for all animals in general.
And while I don’t begrudge a single person who hunts....that doesn’t necessarily mean I want to watch you kill said animal.
Even trophy hunters, while not my most favorite type of person on the planet, I recognize they do fill a niche this world requires, and I can’t begrudge them that either.
But again....I don’t necessarily want to watch you kill that animal.

So for her to post this video…it really has me upset.
Either she did it, knowing how I would react, which pisses me off to no end.
Or she did it, without knowing how I would react....which means, she doesn’t know jackshit about me....and couldn’t care less to learn.

I do not censor myself on my Facebook posts. I have a ton of photos up of Leviathan (my female lavender corn snake). I’ve talked at great length about my desires to find a venomous snake mentor so I can learn how to posses and care for venomous snakes legally…and that I have full intentions in having a decent collection of snakes (both venomous and non-venomous). And while the coral snake isn’t on my list of snakes I want....why would you post that shit to me?

Again, what makes me the angriest about the whole thing is not that she chose to share the video on HER wall....but that she specifically tagged me and ONLY me to the video. She went out of her way to ensure I saw it.

And that....
That disgusts me.

No comments:

Post a Comment