Sunday, January 3, 2021

Mini Sun

I guess I’m unofficially doing the 365 Photo challenge again this year. ::smiles:: So here’s today’s photo. A mini sun:

135609480_4243587795668021_4272664070396341659_o

I really like dandelions. They are just such…happy flowers.

I called my Mom, just to get another perspective on the situation with my quasi-supervisor. She’s always a wealth of information. Me, I’m a dog with a bone. Once you’ve managed to piss me off, I just don’t let things go. And I’m bitten down and won’t let go…so it’s hard for me to see a different perspective.

My Mom is good at playing to my strengths while also helping me to find a less…nuclear…tacit with dealing with things. Seriously, I am truly blessed to have her in my corner. Because without her....I would be a friggin’ loose cannon 80% of the time.

She did point out that honestly, he’s just a big man-baby who’s also probably super threatened by me. He’s probably feeling really shitty about using the cleaning product that caused my major allergic reaction and he’s joking about it as a way to diffuse the tension – because he doesn’t know how to deal with the tension any healthy way. Plus, while he does have more experience working in a library, I have WORLDS more experience working with actual children than he does. Hell, I have twice as many years just in the after school program I just left than he does at the library. And I’ve been a co-director of a private school before that, and a Montessori teacher, and worked for a few other day care places as well. So yeah, he should feel threatened. ::chuckles:: Plus, my Mom pointed out that I have a rather “strong female personality” which could also rub him the wrong way as well.

So, for now, I am going to be the Serpent. I’m going to sit back, and watch. Mom suggested I just keep note of any shit he does or says that pushes my buttons. Then, if it continues, I can bring that to my Director’s attention. Plus, I’ll also tell quasi-supervisor that his comments are not ok. But yeah, other than that, I’m going to sit back, and let this little boy run himself ragged. I don’t have to chase him down. He’ll hang himself soon enough.

And, hilarious enough, my Mom suggested I “do what I do” to help quasi-boss find a “better job”. I had to chuckle out loud at that. Yeah, I can do that. This way I can keep the director I like, the coworkers I like, AND my Canada geese hoard.

No comments:

Post a Comment