Thursday, January 7, 2021

Geese

We’ll start this off with my daily photo:

134997936_4254896074537193_7051798793437542112_o

MY GEESE CAME BACK TODAY!!!!!!

Ok, so hold onto your butts as today was quite the roller coaster ride.
Today was the first day this WEEK that there were ZERO jackhammers being used at our Library. Do you know how straight up blissful that is? Yeah, the Library is undergoing some MAJOR renovations, so it’s just a quiet lull for now. Soon the construction will begin INSIDE. But for now. I am enjoying NOT having jackhammers going.

Our new story time, in which Rexie the dinosaur puppet actually TALKS (that would be me), went quite well. I actually had quite a bit of fun with it.

Then, I got an email from the HR lady, saying she’d be having her talk with quasi-boss at 2 pm. So yeah, anxiety spiked up to a 15 on a scale of 1 to 10. He already knew something was up and was rather pissy most of the morning. I just focused on deep breathing, rote counting, and making sure I did everything that I needed to do for my job requirements…and then some.

Yeah, he was in a right foul mood after that meeting. BUT, my Archer & Olive notebook for work arrived, so that was a massive plus. And then I took a late lunch to see that my geese, who have been MIA for over a week due to all the construction noise, were out waiting in the parking lot. So I rushed back in to get food for them and spent time out with my geesie friends.

And apparently now, our little idea of having the Rexie write a postcard to another plush mascot at another library has TAKEN OFF. Like MASSIVELY. I think we now have close to 20 libraries that want to join in on this. ::laughs:: So, Emily, Clarissa, and I are all totally geeking out over it and just all around giddy about the whole thing.

I talked with the HR lady after her talk with quasi-supervisor to go over how that went. She asked, and stressed that I was under ZERO pressure here to agree to it, if I would be open to having an open discussion between Me, Quasi-Supervisor, Director, and HR, to clear the air and the lay out the new work relationship and see if that can still work. I’m sure as shit not looking forward to it, but it needs to be done. And honestly, why put it off. So I agreed, and she said that Director would set up the time for that.

So while we Three Amigas were geeking out about the Rexie thing, Director came through. We have our meeting on Monday at 3 pm. She also talked to Dustin about it as well.

Then Dustin comes out of his office and says we need to keep him in the loop on the whole Rexie thing. But just yesterday he was calling it “girlie” IN A STAFF MEETING. So like, which is it? So I updated him on what we currently had going on.

And then he just left without saying anything to us, and slammed the door so hard on the way out. We just looked at each other. I didn’t want to say anything about the HR thing, but I did mention that I wasn’t sure what to tell him about the Dinosaur thing and what not to. Like I’m not trying to purposely exclude him, but he’s made it very clear he isn’t interested in it. Clarissa straight up said “Well, since he said it was girlie in the supervisor meeting yesterday, I don’t feel like we should have to update him on much of anything. He’s kind of decided that for himself.”

But yeah. He can continue being a fucking stick in the mud all he wants. I’m not going to let him rain on my parade. I am enjoying the FUCK out of my job right now and I’m not going to let him steal that from me.

No comments:

Post a Comment