Saturday, January 2, 2021

Art and Tome

FINALLY able to deposit D’s check for half of the bills AND pick up my prescriptions today. I’ll need to talk to my bank at some point to see what’s up with the ATM about depositing checks.

I did a small video for two of my groups, showing off the Archer & Olive notebooks. I have a B5 (that I use as a grimoire), an A5 (that is my current Bullet Journal), and now an 8x8 Square (that is my art journal for 2021). The video turned out kind of crappy because of Facebook being shitty. I’ll probably just end up doing some photos to compare the sizes better since that was distorted the most in the video. But, I’m still proud of myself for at least trying to do it.

I painted my cover page for the art journal. It’s a blue sun with 2021 also written in blue. I’m happy that my paints, that haven’t been touched in ages, still work. The page doesn’t feel done yet. Once it’s done, I’ll share a photo of it then.

For now, here’s a photo of what I’m currently reading:

135716810_4241300975896703_314928754687390630_o

It’s The Devil’s Tome: A Book of Modern Satanic Ritual, by Shiva Honey. It’s even autographed. I should do a spread in one of my journals, listing all the books that I have, that are autographed by their authors. I don’t have a huge collection, but I have a nice beginning.

Anyways, The Devil’s Tome is seriously stretching my brain. It’s about non-theistic ritual use in Satanism. I love that the author uses scientific papers to back up the positive impacts of rituals, regardless of “religious intents”, on participants. She makes a great case for the fact that ritual does not require supernatural or deity belief to still have a powerful and positive impact on the participant’s life/psyche.

I strongly suspect some of this is going to find its way into my personal practice. Plus, some might find its way into any Coven rituals I’m put in charge of writing and leading. ::rubs her paws together:: Could prove to be quite fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment