Friday, October 9, 2015

Thankful Thursday

written: Oct 8th



I am thankful....
1. starting a four day weekend from the after school program.  I seriously need the break!
2. an awesome weekend with my Mom (this past weekend) -- cemeteries, hummingbirds, donkeys, rhinos, and a wide array of reptiles and amphibians.  Awesome time all around.
3. all I have left to do for my Grad School Application is my personal essay.  And already, UNT Grad School has tentatively accepted me...just have to get the full ok from the College of Information Sciences.
4. that my after school boss finally ok-ed me to push back our "Cardboard Challenge" to January.  That was a fight and a half, but it was a good fight because I opted to simply exercise my world-renowned simple stubbornness instead of my viciousness. :;grins and winks::
5. the MoonTime has been vastly kinder to me.  Amazing how simply changing one's mindset about something can change the event itself.  This MoonTime, I didn't fight it.  I didn't loathe it.  I didn't tell myself I didn't have time for this right now.  Instead, I was honestly ready for and accepting of it when it appeared a few days early. 
6. my "little" genealogy project -- now up to 2,172 individuals spanning all the way back to 1470.   Best $120 I have spent in a while.  ::chuckles:: 
7.  my brother and sister-in-law are expecting again. 
8. that the horrid downstairs neighbors have been rather quiet as of late.  It's been so very nice not having to hear the shrieks and bangs and thuds from whatever the hell is it that they are doing down there.
9. got a new planner.  I'm such a dork, but I cannot explain how giddy a new planner makes me.  ::laughs::
10. I feel like I have finally gotten my feet back under me.  Even though these next few months are the busiest for me, I at least feel like I have a firm stance once more and can handle all the craziness coming.  ::laughs::  I just hope these aren't "famous last words"!

No comments:

Post a Comment