Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Starbucks Babble

written: Oct 19th



Shands (my Starbucks' boss) is a little less than pleased with me.  He scheduled everyone do to this store meeting for the "Holiday Promotion Info" for next Wednesday 5 pm - 7 pm, over in Carrollton.  Which, the location really isn't that big of an issue.  It's about 10 minutes from my apartment.  But the thing is, is that he's scheduled this meeting when I have my after school program job -- I don't get off until 6:30, and by that point, traffic makes that simple 10 minute drive into 20 (and that's being super optimistic).  So he's trying to convince me that I need to come in on a Saturday or a Sunday to do the store meeting instead.  It was so hard not to just blurt out "Well, it's not like I'm going to be here much longer" and just let the cards fall as they may.  Damn my strong work ethic. 

But seriously, I am not going in on one of my few days off to do this stupid meeting when I know I won't be there after December.  And seriously?  We have enough stuff to cover for our holiday crap to warrant a 2 hour meeting?  I highly doubt that.  So instead, I will just find convenient ways to wiggle out of those responsibilities.  Yeah, guess that work ethic isn't so strong after all.  ::laughs::

I completed my FAFSA today for financial aid for this Grad Degree I've been prattling on and on about.  It turned out to be WORLD'S easier than I thought it would be.  They just synced it up with my IRS tax return for last year and bam!  Two minutes TOPS and I was done and it was submitted.  I should know by the end of the week if I quality for anything.

THEN, on Monday (26th), I can officially register for classes for the Spring 2016 semester.  I mean, HOLY SHIT, this shit just got real!

And I got an email from the University saying to please understand that for every hour I take at the Graduate Level, I should anticipate four to five hours worth of weekly course work.  So, if I take two 3 hour courses (have to, to qualify for financial aid), I should expect to have anywhere from 24 to 30 hours of course work a WEEK.  Yeah, there's no way I could continue to work at Starbucks, my after school program, AND do that much Grad work.  I was kicking around the idea of working at Starbucks on Sundays (EASY shift) just to keep my free coffee perks and the employee discount, but that just sealed the deal for me.  Starbucks will be gone come January.  I still need to sit down and figure out exactly when my last day will be, and figure out when I need to let Shands know.  Man, I am so ready to cut ties with that job and leave.

No comments:

Post a Comment