Thursday, October 8, 2015

Swirling

written: Oct 6th



Oh my goodness.  Can the world PLEASE slow down just so I can catch my breath?

So much craziness.  Most of it good.  But when it all hits at once and I am not given the opportunity to sit with said craziness and just absorb it?  Yeah, I get stressed out to the damn max.

So one of my aides has been committed for depression and anxiety and most likely will not be back to work for the entire month (possibly longer).  ::sighs::  And I get that.  I sympathize.  While I have never been committed, there have been times that I might should have been.  ::laughs::  But this also means now that I am down and aide, and will rarely (if ever) get a substitute to help out.  So this does mean the rest of us are really having to pick up the slack here.  I know, boohoo, such 1st World Problems, but damnit, it sucks! 

And then I got the ok to NOT do our Cardboard Challenge this month because there just isn't enough of us to go around, and it's such an INSANE thing.  Basically, the premace is it's all about sparking creativity in children -- you give them a box and they create whatever their lil hearts desire.  But, try doing that with SEVENTY students!  Oh, and remember, we're down an aide permanently for this month, plus I have an aide that is absent on Wednesdays, and only works a half day on Thursdays, AND I have another aide that comes in about 30 minutes late (pre-approved) on Tuesdays and Thursdays.  AND we never get subs when we need them.  Oh, by the way, did I mention that we have like a week to do this because the school needs the stage to be completely clear on the 13th?  And I'm supposed to have our "Day of Play" (when the kids show off their creations) by the 23rd at the absolute latest?  Yeah, totally was not going to happen.  So last night I shot my boss a quick email saying there's just no way we can get it all done in that time frame, and that we would rather do it in January and she was all chipper and agreed.  But apparently she changed her mind this morning.  ::growls::  Well, she can just write me up if she wants to, because I flat out refuse to put me and my staff through that hell right now.  Yeah, fuck that noise.

And THEN, my brother sent me this text last night, "Lindsay and I have some news to share.  You were so good at being an Aunt, we thought we'd give you another one!"  So woohoo, I'm getting another lil nephew or niece in March 2016.  ::smiles::  So happy for them!

Annnnd THEN, if I am reading my email correctly, I have been accepted into Grad School.  Now I just have to write that personal essay of doom and submit it, and hopefully the College of Information Sciences will accept me.  That is the last step to getting accepted.  THEN it's applying for financial aid and registering for classes.  I would totally be panicking right now, but I just don't have the time or the energy.  How crazy is that?

So yeah, like I said, it's a mixed bag of good and bad crazy.  Thank goodness I have a nice long weekend coming up so I can let all of this congeal in my lil brain (plus write the personal essay of doom AND get the brakes fixed on my car)!

No comments:

Post a Comment