Friday, October 2, 2015

Thankful Thursday



I am thankful....
1. for a beautiful walk with Holly today -- cooler temperatures and a gentle drizzling rain.  It is finally beginning to feel like Autumn around here.
2.  for a beautiful Full Moon plus a lovely lunar eclipse I witnessed on Sunday evening.
3. for celebrating our six year wedding anniversary yesterday at Red Lobster.  And my goofy husband suggesting he finally get that "kiss on the veranda" (because, in his mind "veranda" just sounds so much more suggestive than it is).
4.  that my wrist is feeling better -- it still aches a bit, but it doesn't hurt nearly as much as it did last week.
5.  for the plethora of animal life I have seen around our apartment complex as of late -- vultures, bats, beavers, raccoons, opossums, and even a pretty white and gray feral cat.
6.  that I am back to making good paychecks once more. This translates into aggressive saving once more.  I just might be able to hit my big saving's goal, even though my unexpected car expense this summer set me back $1200.
7.  that David and I had a serious heart-to-heart about realistically getting out of this damn apartment complex.  I don't think we can tolerate another year here -- it's bad enough that we have to stay until April 2016.
8. for MyHeritage.com -- I am still loving this genealogy stuff.  I'm not quite as obsessive now, but am still enjoying it.
9.  that I've begun applying for Grad School for the Spring of 2016.  I just need to write up my "personal essay" and then it's just a waiting game to hear that I've been accepted.
10.  that I'm not working at Starbucks most of this week -- I took a number of days off so I could enjoy my anniversary without having to go to bed by 10 pm.  It was a very nice and highly welcomed break.  I am seriously looking forward to starting Grad School, mostly so I can quit that job.  ::laughs::

Ah, so another round of the National Journal Writing Month challenge has descended upon us again.  ::smiles::  So expect a lot of writing.  I'm shooting for the 15,000 word level once more.

I've been on a cleaning kick recently....and it's so out of character for me.  I LOATHE cleaning.  And I'm pretty sure I'm a border-line hoarder.  But here recently, I've been cleaning things out, getting rid of things I've held on to for AGES, and I'm LOVING it.  Just loving it.  It's so freeing, to have the breathing space in my room once more.  I'm not quite half way done yet, but I am really geared up to continue.  I want to see this through.  If nothing else, I'm hoping that by tossing out all the crap I don't need, it will simply make moving (got my fingers crossed that 2016 finds us living just about anywhere but our current apartment complex) that much easier on me.  I'm hoping that it will break up all the stale energy in my room and I can use the new space to bring more joy and bliss into my life. 

I seriously have this feeling, deep in my bones, that 2016 is going to be an Earth Shaker Year. 

I'm kind of ready for that.

2 comments: