Saturday, October 17, 2015

Blank



My mind is utterly blank right now.  I have been avoiding writing like the plague today.  No, wait.  I take that back, because I have been working like crazy on my genealogy stuff and that IS writing.  I have just been avoiding any JOURNALING like the plague today.  ::laughs::

I have been spending money like crazy.  But most of it is bills or articles of clothing I desperately need.  Ok, so I don't DESPERATELY need the Last Unicorn t-shirt I bought...but I DO need more t-shirts for work, so that counts right? 

And I bought a coloring book that I don't necessarily NEED, but it's to support a new, up-and-coming artist.  And I'm all about that.  Besides, it's $30 to a good cause.  And I can use the coloring sheets for my students.  So there's a reason to do it.

And the Samhain candles?  Hmmm, well, I did NEED one for Samhain.  The other one is just a bonus because after I had inquired, I felt bad that I wasn't going to purchase it.  And well...I currently have a bit of fun money, so why not buy it?  ::laughs::  But still, it isn't like I am burning through all my money and then putting it all on my credit card.  All of this is money I have left over after paying all the necessary bills.  And I still have quite a bit in checking in case anything crazy happens.  And I put $225 into savings already (total of $386 thus far this MONTH -- man, having those regular after school program checks AND decent Starbucks checks is NICE).

I have also increased my Starbucks contribution to my 401(k) plan up to 20% out of my check right off the bat.  The only reason I put it up that high is that currently Starbucks is matching my contribution dollar-for-dollar, so why not take advantage of that free money while I can?

Because, I got my acceptance email yesterday stating that UNT has accepted me into the Master's program.  Woohoo!  And this means, once school starts up for me in January 2016, I will no longer be working at Starbucks.  Man, if only Darrell was still my boss there.  I would have called him up on his day off (because I know how bad it would piss him off) and tell him PEACE I AM OUT BITCHES!!!!!!

But my boss is Shands now and I won't do that to him.  He's not the douche that Darrell is.  ::sighs:: Kind of stole my thunder there.  Thanks Darrell!

But yes, I will be quitting Starbucks.  I am dying to just submit my 2 week notice right now and be done with that damn place.  But, it's money to be made, that I won't be making later on.  So I stay.  And I endure.  And I count down the days to my emancipation.  ::chuckles::

And I still have so much to do for Grad School.  I need to fill out and submit my FASFA (financial aid).  And once I get that done, then I can register for classes.  Cue the panic now.  ::laughs::

I joked with the Husband that we should have filed for divorce this summer -- that way my financial aid would be based solely off my meager income instead of ours!  ::laughs::  Oh well.  It will pan out however it needs to pan out.  I'm just really looking forward to the change and the challenge.  AND ALL THE NEW OFFICE SUPPLIES THAT I CAN ACTUALLY JUSTIFY PURCHASING!!!!!! 

Staples store, here I come!
No worries, I will leave the credit card at home.  ::chuckles and winks::

No comments:

Post a Comment