Saturday, October 31, 2015

Thankful Thursday

written: Oct 29th



I am thankful:
1.  absolutely breath-takingly gorgeous not-quite Full Moon I saw rising this evening.  Just beautiful.
2. I just might be able to have both of my grad courses as web-based.  That would certainly make my life a bit easier.
3.  second jack-o-lantern turned out awesome.  And I cannot wait to eat the pumpkin seeds.
4.  tomorrow is a double pay day for me -- one of the rare times that both jobs align and both paychecks hit my bank account on the same day.
5.  the awesome "Spooky Town" David set up in the living room, next to the tv.  I love that he so enjoys decorating for the various holidays.  I do need to get photos of his "Spooky Town" set up.
6.  that this week was MUCH calmer than last week.  Thank all that is holy for that miracle.
7. finally starting to deep clean my art territory.  I need some good clear space to work on for next month's personal challenge of doing at least one art journal page a day.
8.  having all these awesome photos of me from my childhood and slowly sharing them on Facebook.  ::chuckles::
9.  uncovered a letter from a distant family member to my maternal Grandmother that gave me a TON of information on her side of the family.  It's completely blown the top off in my genealogy project.  I am finally finding all that information I was wanting on that part of the family.
10.  awesome detailed coloring sheets Ridley (a student) shared with us and graciously let me make copies of.  Can't wait to start coloring those. 

So yeah, like I briefly touched on in Thankful #9, I came across a letter from a distant cousin (I think) of my grandmother, that had be doing her own genealogy research on the Scottish side of the family.  It had dates and locations and so many names that I was able to plug into my own family tree.  And that part of the tree grew from just 9 individuals to well over 90 now.  And I'm still finding a ton more.  Talk about making a lil genealogy nerd giddy!  ::laughs::  I am toying with the idea of writing to this lady and, after explaining who I am, thanking her for the information she shared and offer up all the information I currently have on the family, if she's interested.  If I'm going to do that, I need to do it sooner rather than later.  I'm sure grad school is going to kick the crap out of me.  ::laughs::

No comments:

Post a Comment