Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Damn Hippies

written: Oct 20th



Man, I have just coasted through this month.  I can't believe it's already the 20th.

I need to sit down and make a handful of goals to accomplish in November.  Before I know it, the year will be over, and other than getting into college, what have I truly accomplished?

Paula (a good friend) came out to my campus today at the after school program, to sub in for one of my aid's that's out for the month.  And we got to talking about me getting into grad school and how I'm hoping to be a librarian, though, if we were talking super dream jobs, I would love to work with historical manuscripts.

And she cut me off and said I should go for what makes me happy.  The money will come later.  And then asked honestly, how much money do I need to make?  And blah, blah, blah. 

I mean, I know she's coming from a good place.  And I know she only wants what is best for me, but I am so tired on the same standard Hippy answer.  I have coasted this far in life.  I am quite pleased with what I've accomplished on so little money.  But I'm ready for a change. 

Besides, she's still trying to convince me to come work at the Chinese school with her.  She wants me to teach English (like grammar and writing, not the actual language).  And while most of the time, I have no problem doing a job because it pays decently, I really, REALLY do not want to teach.  I can't explain it, but I just shudder at the thought of teaching.  Which is hilarious, given that I've been working in child care for almost 2 decades now.  ::shrugs::  But it is what it is, and I just don't want to do that at all. 

And then, add in, that it would be my THIRD job.  And that Saturdays are the ONLY day that I have 100% off to myself.  So yeah.  Thanks, but hell fucking no thanks.  ::laughs::

No comments:

Post a Comment