Saturday, October 17, 2015

ACCEPTED!!!!!!

written: Oct 16th



HOLY FUCKING SHIT!  I GOT ACCEPTED TO GRAD SCHOOL! 

::runs around, flailing and shit::

Ok.  Now that I got THAT out of my system.....I got my "official" email letter of acceptance to UNT's grad school program in the Information Sciences college.  Shit is about to get real here. 

Crap, just remembered, NOW I have to do the damn FASFA (financial aid) stuff before I can register for classes. 

Honestly, it hasn't sunk in quite yet.  I guess once I get the FASFA and register for classes...then it will be real.  Then I will also have a date that I can finally set as my last day of working at Starbucks.  I always figured I would be over the moon, blissed the fuck out, yet sad at the same time about quitting Starbucks.  Sad, because I have such amazing coworkers there.  But honestly?  Most of them have already left, or work shifts opposite of my own.  So it's like they are all already gone.  I'm the last man standing.  And given that even Darrell isn't there any more, that takes all the snarky JOY of quitting out of the equation.  Now it's just kind of sad in a deflated way.  But I will be happy to finally let that job go.  It's been very enlightening.  I've met some really awesome people there.  And I've learn so damn much.  But holy fuck, I am ready to close that chapter.  And it just makes my lil OCD brain so happy that I can finish it off right at 2 years even.  I think I might even make my anniversary there my last day and just cut it completely off on the day that originally started, two years ago. 

Now that I look, I started working at Starbucks on December 16th.  That's a bit too early for me to quit.  I could get two, maybe three more weeks of work out of them before I had to quit for school.  That's two to three more weeks of pay -- plus two weeks of that, the after school program will be closed, so the Starbucks checks would be the only money I have coming in at that time.  So yeah, I guess I will endure into January then.  Classes start January 19th.  I will see how I am feeling in mid December to figure out at that point when my last day will be.  Starbucks prefers us to give them three weeks' notice, as that's how far out they project the schedule (though we rarely, if EVER see a schedule two weeks' out -- more of their hypocritical bullshit that I can't wait to be done with).

I have decided as a personal challenge for myself next month, so complete an art journal page a day.  I've got a ton of backlogged art journal pages I want to get done, but I am just not making it a priority.  And I figure once school starts up, I'll have even less free time, so I need to get my creative butt in gear and knock these pages out already. 

I will also need to do another Great Culling of the Facebook crap.  I had feeling like I have to keep up with certain groups that, while I do enjoy, they don't bring anything of true merit into my life.  While I've learned a TON on the venomous reptile keepers' group, I may have to let that one go.  Though, maybe I should keep it because I do enjoy seeing the various venomous reptiles and the fact that they use the scientific names of the animals (to avoid any sort of confusion), it does force my lil rusty brain to stretch and work.

Hmmm, much to think about.  But for now, I'm off to watch NCIS with the Hubs.

No comments:

Post a Comment