Thursday, October 15, 2015

Goals & Hogs

written: Oct 14th


I have the rough draft for my next round of birthday goals written up -- 34 goals for my 34th year.  I am debating on including Chaos Goals or not.  Most likely I will be in Grad School, plus hopefully moving.  Honestly, I don't know if I really need to invite any more chaos in -- seems like I will have more than enough already.  Plus I've got a bit more time to tweak and modify my current list of goals before my birthday.  I think just the 34 goals will be just fine for this year.  I should have more than enough on my plate.  And, if I find myself not in Grad School and/or not moving, then I can always modify my goals accordingly.  I have to remind myself that it is not like these will be set in stone.  They are my goals.  I can change them as I see fit!  ::laughs::   Amazing how dogmatic I can get without even realizing.

I recharged and rededicated the small protection bundle I received when I completed my Vision Quest.  Geez, that was back in 2006, and it hasn't faded one bit from my memory.  And the craving is always there to do another Vision Quest.

Honestly, I think I should just go spend some time out on my Mom's land.  Because we have a whole pack of feral hogs (and BIG ones at that), I would have to carry a gun (which, honestly, I do not mind one bit).  I'm just not sure I would feel comfortable camping out there unless I managed to fence off an area (would have to set up an electric fence to hopefully keep the hogs out).  I have no issues coming face to face with a bobcat or a coyote.  Those guys are terrified of humans.  But hogs?  Feral hogs are a completely different story.  The ones I've seen out there run from humans, but those were lil piggies.  The boars and sows?  I wouldn't want to take the chance that they decide to stand their ground.  Those guys will shred you no problem.  And given that Mom's land is 15 minutes from my tiny hometown...cell phones are pretty useless out there.  So if I were to get into a spot of nasty trouble, I would be completely on my own.  Hell, even if I were suicidal....death by hogs is NOT a death I would ever choose!  ::laughs::

No comments:

Post a Comment