Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Game Plan

written: Oct 10th



So I guess I do need to come up with some sort of Life Plan that I can then tweak and force to fit the mold for that damn Personal Statement/Essay.  I do not know why I am fighting this so hard -- going to Grad School is going to liberate me from working at Starbucks!  And my god, I want that so bad.

I guess one of the reasons I hate this Personal Statement/Essay is that I am not looking for a career to fulfill me -- to complete me.  I am looking for a reasonably enjoyable career that will allow me to pursue my passions and hobbies.  I want a home of my very own.  I want to travel and photograph all sorts of wildlife.

David made a good point -- I should tell them a good story.  And I can write a good, passionate story (essay) about wanting to get my degree to work with antique historical documents.  Which I would love to do -- but will be getting my degree in something a bit more practical.  But they do not need to know that  Alright, I feel better now that I have some sort of a game plan.  Now....to just WRITE the damn thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment