Thursday, July 23, 2015

Thankful Thursday



Today is Thursday and traditionally that means a Thankful Thursday entry.  It's a nice simple task -- just list ten things you are currently thankful for.  And I will tell you, with having a homicide happen not two blocks away from my home, where I typically walk my dog daily, and being on lock down for three hours only to hear that the suspects got away?  It makes it a little hard to focus on the good.  But, that's the challenge of the Thankful Thursday.  Even with this chaos, I do have things to be grateful for.

So, without further ado....I am thankful......
1. that my Ole Lady Dog was really feeling her years today, and because of that, I chose NOT to walk down the wooded trails today.
2. that while it is very scary to have police helicopters hovering so close to your apartment that it is rattling the floors and walls, that we do have police helicopters to help out in these situations.
3. good neighbors that made sure I knew what was going on when I came out on the balcony to check out the helicopters.
4. that no one I know of was involved in this craziness.
5. that when I went to Starbucks to pick up tips and to get out of the apartment for a while, Bayley (the shift manager) gave me my drink for free.  Of course, she then told me that August 4th is her last day at our store!  Drats!  I really liked her, even if I rarely worked with her now.
6. working in my calendar journal again.  I've FINALLY got it caught up (had a week left of May, about half of June, and NOTHING done for July -- so that's quite a bit of work to do).
7. David got a new-to-him car this past Saturday and I love it.  Too bad I don't get it though!  ::laughs::
8. Angela, a family member of mine, posted some family information that a great aunt (I think) wrote up about my grandfather's family.  It gives a lot of names and dates, plus a lot of interesting "facts" that I will need to verify -- as my Mom made it a point to text me about it this morning.  Apparently, the older generation laughed their asses off with the great aunt shared it...so yeah, I'll verify everything before it gets added to my genealogy information.  But it's a good start.
9. I am still totally stoked that I don't have to take the GRE for my Master's degree.  In September, I'll apply for grad school and hopefully will begin that in January. 
10.  I'm almost at the $5k mark in my savings account.  And that's huge for me.  My jobs don't pay that much, and my debt is crazy.  Once I hit the $5k mark, I'm putting my saving on hold.  Instead, I will attack my debt with the same ferocity as I'm done carrying that horrid weight.

No comments:

Post a Comment