Saturday, July 11, 2015

Feral Hybrid

a little bit of anarchy
never hurt anyone

whispers the Serpent in my ear

His forked tongue
tickles my ear
and His dry, raspy breath
causes my hair to dance

Forked tongue
two tone speaker
the one with Shadows
in His mouth

Most fear Him
though He is
the Bringer of Enlightenment
Most call Him
the father of lies in their ignorance

Not all wish to be free
of the tack and harness
most wish to retain
the blinders for their eyes
believing they are walking
the Straight and Narrow
never suspecting
it’s all because
that’s ALL they are allowed to see
blinders give you tunnel vision
and thus you must be lead
you cannot lead

Sled dog
tethered to sled dog
the scenery never changes
unless you are the lead dog
So tell me Sweet Puppies
just who is leading you
and where are you headed?

Me, I dance with the Serpent
off the beaten track
no blinders for me
no bit, no halter, no saddle
no contraptions of servitude
mar my bare shoulders

So keep on trekking
keep on carrying someone else’s burdens
for that is what a mule is for

I’ll play out here in the wilds
the woods
the fields
the wild tracts

I will hunt and sleep and make love
as I please
as I desire
and I shall dance upon
the Crooked Path
one of my own making
and choosing

For I am a child
of Flame and Fang
never tamed
always dancing
just out of reach
just at the boundary
of the Domestic and the Wild

Feral Hybrid am I

No comments:

Post a Comment