Monday, July 13, 2015

Thankful Thursday

written : July 9th



I am thankful:
1. no work today.  It was really nice to sleep in and then to be able to enjoy a nice walk with Ole Lady Dog (aka Holly).
2. Mystery Mosaics coloring book and sharpie markers -- very meditative and relaxing (and HIGHLY addictive).
3.  that I have been exercising my patience at the Tech Job -- I just wish I was better at it.  ::laughs:: Maybe that is why I'm being pushed to exercise that?
4. watching Ghost Adventures on NetFlix.  Zak, Aaron, and Nick just crack me up.  You have to love guys trying to be super bad ass and then squealing like little girls because they heard something go bump in the night.
5. the absolutely gorgeous feathers Klaus, my German friend, has sent me.
6.  another round of the national Journal Writing Month challenge.  I like it, as it kind of "forces" me to write down the various ramblings that swirl around in my brain.
7.  my two more recent altars turned out so very well.  It seems like my best altars are the ones that I just follow my intuition and let the altar evolve as it wants.
8. I have my meeting tomorrow with the University of North Texas to discuss the finer points of me returning to begin (finally) on my Master's Degree.
9. that over all, I am happy and content with the vast majority of my life.  Sure there are little things here and there I want to change, but I do not HATE my life, and THAT is truly a blessing.
10. good friends and great family.

I randomly picked up a copy of Mystery Mosaics #6 coloring book at Michael's a while back and am just LOVING it.  When you first see the page, you have no idea what it will develop into.  And then, little by little, as you fill in each TINY square with its corresponding color, the picture develops.  It is very meditative -- and extremely addictive!  ::laughs::  I will have to pick up the other versions of this book at some point.  Though, seeing as how I lose HOURS of time (ok, ok, so an entire HALF day multiple times now), maybe I should hold off on buying another book like this.  I do have three other legit books I need to read.  If nothing else, I can put these on my wish list for my birthday and Christmas.

Well, the Fort Worth Zoo just posted on their Facebook page that they have twin baby jaguar cubs that are out for the public to see in the jaguar habitat.  So I know what I am doing this weekend!  ::grins::  They apparently have quite a few babies this year already.  Twin jaguar cubs, three lion cubs, a baby bonobo chimp (though to be honest, I could care less about apes), and three giraffe calves -- yeah, I say I need to get my butt out there and do some photography already.  Even though I am STILL working on slowly uploading my good photos from my trip to Moody Gardens to my DeviantArt account.  But having a ton of photos to upload is a good thing!  ::grins::

No comments:

Post a Comment