Monday, July 13, 2015

Sunday, Fun-Day

written: July 12th



Sunday, fun-day.  ::laughs::  A longer shift at Starbucks for me -- five hours.  Typically I only work fours hours, but damn, that extra hour today was just so damn brutal.  My back and my knees were just killing me today.  I am so glad I don't have to work there again until Friday.

I came home and applied an icy-hot patch to my lower back.  And then I slathered on some doTERRA Deep Blue Rub on both my knees.  Just so much pain.  I was hoping that the Tech Job would say they didn't need me tomorrow, just so I could have another day to let these inflamed and angry muscles just relax and calm down before having to do MORE physical labor.  But I opened up the email from Tech Boss Michelle to read that they are pretty sure they will not need us Temps at all this WEEK.  ::sighs::  It is really going to suck paycheck-wise, but now I have a ton of free time to get a shit-ton of errands completed that I have been putting off for ages.

All in all though, I do hope I get called in to work at the Tech job some time this week.  If nothing else, this is yet another motivator to remind me why I want to work on my Master's degree.  I am ready for a steady job that has me gainfully employed (and making money) the entire year.

Mom had request I call her so we could talk about everything I learned in my meeting with the University of North Texas' College of Librarian and Information Sciences.  We are coming up with a game plan for me, so I can get started on this degree already.

At this point, I am planning to take six hours (two courses) a semester.  I have to take six hours to qualify for financial aid.  We will just have to wait and see what, if any, financial aid I actually do qualify for.  Almost makes me want to divorce my husband, so financial aid will be based solely off of MY income.  ::laughs::  I would certainly qualify for quite a bit at that point.  Oh well.  We will do what we have to do, just got to take it one step at a time.

Mom did point out that it is completely within the realm of possibility that once I get this degree, I could get a job that pays THREE times what I'm making at the after school program.  So if I was smart and continued to live very frugally, I could eliminate my outstanding debt in no time and then have a lot of money to put into retirement.  I can't imagine what it would be like to make even double what I am currently making.

Not trying to elicit sympathy here, but I make about $20k a year.  That's it.  Granted, my husband does make double that, but we still split most bills 50/50.  He is working to pay off his outstanding debt, as he doesn't want it to become my problem.  Just like I'm working to pay mine off because it shouldn't become his problem at any point.  This is debt I accumulated prior to our relationship, so he shouldn't have to dig me out.  Gotta love that damn pride of mine.  ::laughs::

No comments:

Post a Comment