Saturday, April 16, 2016

Up & Down

written: April 15th



Man, I am so ready to be off this damn roller coaster.  Does life ever even out?

The high for today was that we CLOSED on the house this morning!  We have keys in hand and can start moving our stuff over asap.  There's a lot of little items that require more love and care and I would prefer to move those myself.  All the heavy lifting will occur on Tuesday, as that's when the movers show up and we officially get moved into the house.

The low for the day?  I got my Draft 3 from the Damn Database Project class....I got a fucking 70.  And all the things they have told me to include in my draft?  I have no fucking clue what they are or where to find the information.  So I've bitten the bullet and emailed them inquiring about some tutoring.  Hopefully I can get that done asap so I know what the hell to do with the Final Draft (which is due May 5th).  Even with the 70 on this draft, I am still maintaining a B, and I hope to god, I can keep that.  I sure as hell do NOT want to do this class ever again.

Thankfully, the work insanity has died down.  The choir play thing was last night, so no more of their hour and a half long practices every damn day.  The pre-reg drop off on campus was Thursday, so now the parents have to drop off their pre-reg information at the Main Office....so now it's no longer my problem.  Having to deal with Book Fair next week taking up part of the cafeteria, but after everything I've survived these past two weeks, that should be a walk in the park.

Hopefully, I can do something next month to celebrate my 10 year mark for being self-injurious behavior free.  I dunno.  It just feels rather anticlimactic now.  But then again, it's up to me to make it important.  And if it isn't important anymore, maybe that's the most telling sign of healing?  That, even though I still struggle with the impulse from time to time, it's no longer that big of a deal?  Though, part of me worries that this is a touch of depression hitting me, and that's why I don't want to celebrate....  I dunno.  I plan to purchase some flowers to celebrate it AND the fact that we have a house, so maybe that will jump start it? 

Well, I have TWO journal swaps currently going.  One I'm supposed to mail out by tomorrow (Saturday), and I need to finish up some pages in it before it's ready.  The other one, I can take my time with.  Unfortunately, David, the guy that was supposed to work in it before me took a nasty fall on the ice (he lives in Colorado) and broke his right wrist...which means he can't write at all.  So I get a bit of time to play around in the journal before he's cleared to work in it.  But I need to get Lavender Panda's wrapped up and mailed out to Nancy asap.

No comments:

Post a Comment