Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Babbling About Labels and Understandings



written: April 4th

otherwise known as NaJoWriMo #4
Man, I had already shut my computer down, and made peace with the fact that I would just write today's entry tomorrow whenever I got up.  But...instead....I turned my computer back on and here I am.

Let's do another small gratitude list:
1. that the seller of the house has decided to let us have the frig for free!  Woot!  One less major expense this month!
2. packing up some old ritual items to send to Mary -- a smudge fan, a wand, and a set of Runes.  I've smudged them all down, released them from service to me, and have cleared them energetically to send on to Mary.
3. that I gave myself today off from classwork...because work kicked my teeth in today.  I'm so glad I didn't go into work already frazzled.  ::sighs::  I hope to god, tomorrow is better.

Hazel posted a cute little thing on her Facebook page...what it would take to invoke her spirit.  Hazel wrote: "If you want to invoke my spirit you will need paints, witchy books, peach rings, wine, and kung fu movies. lol" 

I thought it was a cute idea and came up with my own response:
If you want to invoke my spirit, you would need bones, teeth, claws, feathers, furs, candles, tequila (none of that cheap shit either!), and a roaring bonfire. ::grins toothily and winks:: Scantily clad male dancers wouldn't hurt either. ::laughs::"

But I think it sums up the core of my faith.  It revolves around the animal world, so animal parts (hopefully, humanely harvested) are a staple.  Candles, I adore.  Tequila?  Yep.  And give me a roaring bonfire.  And hey, who wouldn't like some Magic Mike men dancing around said bonfire?  ::grins broadly::

And one of Hazel's friends commented "got one with bit of a dark side haha".  Now, I don't particularly see myself as "Dark".  Hell, Hazel does FAR more hexcraft than I ever would.  I replied back that I consider myself more Feral than Dark.  And even that....isn't quite....right.

Honestly, I see myself as far more Shamanic...for lack of a better word.  I don't really deal with the duality of "Light" vs "Dark" because I see instead that it balances in the end.  You cannot have Light without Dark....and you cannot have Dark without Light.  But with that said...too much Dark isn't good, just as too much Light can be destructive. 

I dunno if I'm even making sense? 

It's easier to say what I do NOT do and what I do NOT believe.

While I'm not afraid of the Dark....I don't invite too much of it into my life.

While I'm not afraid to Hex/Curse....I view it much akin to owning a handgun.  I will not seek out people to harm.  I will not knowingly put myself into situations in which I will have to harm to protect myself.  But if I'm doing my own thing, and you come and try to harm me?  I will not hesitate to protect me and mine.  Be that spellcraft or a gun.

But with that being said...I'm not huge on spellcraft.  I guess I do more communion with nature and Divinity and Spirits than magick.  ::shrugs::  But it makes me whole.  And that's all that matters in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment